Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: Inspiration - Tell us your story.

@vaughn I love your story so much. Having met you in person - it is obvious you were born to teach. Thanks for sharing!

First I congratulate all of you for becoming a Top Pro! I know how much dedication and perseverance it took for you to be where you are. I also know those attributes alone are not enough. You have to be good, really good, at your work.

My wife Cecily and I sold everything and moved from Texas to Hawaii in 2014. I brought my 36 year reputation as a professional photographer and video producer with me but soon learned it was basically worthless. Saying you're a photographer in Hawaii was like saying you're an actor in LA. At age 55 I was starting over.

To be very brief, in the past 4 years I nearly died from a bicycle accident and had my 4th back surgery last April. My wife had DBS brain surgery 10 months ago due to her inherited Cervical Dystonia and is on long term disability. (Like the joke says, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?Smiley Happy

Sometimes you just have to laugh but seriously, God has brought us through as more than conquerers and we are eternally grateful. And Thumbtack, thank you for being there for me! For a long time the work you brought my way, I mean, literally put food on our table. You were and are the platform, the pulpit, and the spotlight that helps reveal to my community the gifts and talents I have to offer.

Like many of you, the road less traveled really has made all the difference. There are many words we live by. One is a quote by me I wrote in my book "Who is Clay?"

"It is better to fail at the extraordinary than to succeed at the ordinary because the extraordinary at it's worst is better than the ordinary at it's best." - Stephen Fanning

Thank you again and if you're ever on Oahu in Hawaii say hello. For a "Hawaii fix" some of my landscape photography is on my Instagram @4u2chawaii.

God bless, Steve
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@Steve_Fanning What an amazing story. Thank you so much for sharing. It's so incredible to hear what people have overcome to find success. You truly are an inspiration.

Highlighted

First I congratulate all of you for becoming a Top Pro! I know how much dedication and perseverance it took for you to be where you are. I also know those attributes alone are not enough. You have to be good, really good, at your work.

My wife Cecily and I sold everything and moved from Texas to Hawaii in 2014. I brought my 36 year reputation as a professional photographer and video producer with me but soon learned it was basically worthless. Saying you're a photographer in Hawaii was like saying you're an actor in LA. At age 55 I was starting over.

To be very brief, in the past 4 years I nearly died from a bicycle accident and had my 4th back surgery last April. My wife had DBS brain surgery 10 months ago due to her inherited Cervical Dystonia and is on long term disability. (Like the joke says, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?Smiley Happy

Sometimes you just have to laugh but seriously, God has brought us through as more than conquerers and we are eternally grateful. And Thumbtack, thank you for being there for me! For a long time the work you brought my way, I mean, literally put food on our table. You were and are the platform, the pulpit, and the spotlight that helps reveal to my community the gifts and talents I have to offer.

Like many of you, the road less traveled really has made all the difference. There are many words we live by. One is a quote by me I wrote in my book "Who is Clay?"

"It is better to fail at the extraordinary than to succeed at the ordinary because the extraordinary at it's worst is better than the ordinary at it's best." - Stephen Fanning

Thank you again and if you're ever on Oahu in Hawaii say hello. For a "Hawaii fix" some of my landscape photography is on my Instagram at 4u2chawaii.

God bless, Steve

I actually started out making cakes as a hobby, which I would donate to charitable events, children's homes and church events. Individuals attending these events would always ask me for my business card. When I told them that I do not have a business, that this is a hobby and donation, they would always encourage me to make it a business and a career.  

My passion for baking started at the early age of 6 years old when I made my first cake, standing on a little step-stool in the kitchen with my Mom.  I can still remember, it was an orange flavored cake.  It was wonky and wobbly but I felt like a 'Pro' :-)  

I found Thumbtack while searching the internet for advertising options for my business.  I'm currently a home-based business and my goal is to have my storefront within the next year.  Yes, I live and breath cake everyday and that's all I want to do  :-)  

Thansk Thumbtack!

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@SweetKreations a fellow cake maker! I love it. It does take a great deal of passion. And I'm so inspired by the way you got your start. I look forward to seeing how your business unfolds!

Dusti

0 Kudos

I need some guidance on Instant Match.  This is a my second time trying it and it seems again that I am receiving less leads using IM.  What am I doing wrong?

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Hi @SweetKreations if you'd like to direct message me the email address that you use for your Thumbtack account, I'd be happy to look in to it for you!

Otherwise, I would just suggest really diving in to your settings and making sure you have everything set up the way you want it.

Hi DustiO,

Yes, I will direct message you.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
emcghee40
Level 4

My name is Ethan McGhee and I am a personal trainer here in the capital city of Columbus and I am very excited to announce this exciting endeavor to share about myself and my exciting journey with my awesome brand Fire Starter Training LLC.
Born: Arlington, Va 
I have been involved in fitness from managing gyms to personal training for the last 5 years. 
The reason why I do it? It’s way of outreach for me! To see people grow in their fitness goals and personal lives, not many jobs allow you to do both, and after being involved in sports and pushing forward after a grade 3 ruptured kindey during sports in my early years I have had again the drive and passion to get others to their ultimate fitness level!!

Future plans. 
I plan to branch out west with my homebase always in Columbus, Oh . Ill keep a focus on calisthenics and sports performance to truly push people and see them push past their limits. Long term goal is to one day have my own studio. 
While training I want to incorporate my passion of missionary work to bring even more blessings and passion into that avenue of life!!! Favorite thing about Columbus, Oh : 
The community involvement and events that come with living downtown.
The beautiful view of the scioto river and skyline of our city is up there for me too! 

E3087855-4796-45C9-961B-2D0324DC0248.JPG