Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DudeORbro1
Level 4

Re: Inspiration

I haven't used thumbtack in a while I got really busy and didn't have time, so now I'm back .I'm still trying to figure out how to advertise my company here. Im sure I'll figure it out.
Michael Jay Roper
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Hi @DudeORbro1 -  Welcome back! This thread is full of such inspiring stories - hope you had a chance to read some of them to give you some motivation as you get back into it!

If you've been gone for a while, I would suggest checking out the updated content in our Help Center - to ensure you can be as successful as possible on Thumbtack (as things have changed a bit in the last few months)! 

Also, be sure to post questions here in the online forum for advice and suggestions from other successful pros, and of course, from our team!

We are here for you, let us know if you need anything! And best of luck!!

Dusti

What an amazing story Dusty! I had no idea you went through that, and I know what you mean, family is also my biggest motivator! 

When we first started to develop our "brand" and website I was hesitant to put our story out there for the fear of being judged by customers who may not agree with us or not take me seriously for being a women in a non-traditional trade. As time went on I realized how ridiculous that was because our stories really are what draws people to us and their ability to relate to you and not just a company name. After we embraced our uniqueness and our story and started sharing it with the world we've been overwhelmed with the positive response. We've learned that people really like working with people they can relate to and really care about making sure their experience is a great one. It is so rewarding to be able to do something you love and have fun doing it! To me just hearing all of the other pros out there who have overcome obstacles to follow their dreams is incredibly inspirational. 

Everyone has to start somewhere and its important to always remember that success doesn't happen overnight, but anything is possible when you put your mind and heart to it, and most importantly when you stay true to yourself! Don't listen to the nay sayers or debbie downers, usually those are the ones too scared to take a risk to do what you're doing.

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@Sarah-Rooforia I love this. I'm so happy that you embraced your story and went with it. 

Re: Inspiration - Tell us your story.

Hi, my name is JaNae Thomas. I am from Houston, Texas (the best city in the world!) I have my own mobile bartending business called Glamorous Drinks in Los Angeles, Califorinia. I orginally moved to Los Angeles, in hopes of being your next E! News Correspondent. I just knew that was my destiny and nothing could stop that. Well, if you have ever heard or know anything about Hollywood, you know behind the glitz and glam is a lot of hard work to get to the top. For the first 2 years of me living in Los Angeles, I juggled about 3 different jobs at the same time.  I was a bartender at a night club part time, waitress at a famous restaurant on Sunset fulltime, and I had started my own mobile bartending business on Thumbtack. I didn't think much of it at first until 2 years in someone tells me, "Hey, you know I googled you and you have one of the top rated mobile bar services in Los Angeles." Immediately I was in shock. Well to make a long story shorter, I really could barely focus on my entertainment corresponding because I worked so much! Then God sent his divine idea to me that if I just focus on my business fulltime I could be even more successful than what I already was.  Then, I would have more time to host red carpets here and there.  Thank God I listened! Here I am today, a Top Pro on Thumbtack with one of the most thriving luxury mobile bar services in Los Angeles. I am so thankful to be able to employ people like myself with a dream trying to hustle in Los Angeles. In a world where racism is sometimes scooped under the rug, It remains at the forefront of the night life industry in Hollywood. I do my best to give opportunities to people of color who may have like me come from a city where they didn't have a problem getting hired at the most popular spots. It reknews their confindence after being told," No" over and over.   And that dream of being a E! News Correspondent, well it didn't completely die. I am now working on my on show concept that will incorporate me interviewing some of my favorite people while, simultaneously, incorporating my business. I am so thankful to Marco for creating thumbtack and also thankful to the people behind the Thumbtack scenes, Dusti, Jason, Hannah, Alex, and so many many others that help ensure our daily success. That's my story! I hope I didn't bore you! Please feel free to comment and share your story! IMG_0512.JPG

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@GlamorousDrinks Janae! I love your story so much - I love that you just went with it and now you are thriving! Life doesn't always go the way we expect, but it's great when we can adapt and find different successes than we ever dreamed of.

Thank you!

Dusti

Stagedc
Level 5

Go Girl!!!!

Your story is amazing and inspiring!! From one black woman to another, I’m really proud of you!! Keep reaching your dreams!!!!
JenMilam
Level 5

Bravo!

@GlamorousDrinks JaNae, that was not boring at all! I could read stories like yours all day long!
So excited for what you have created and all of the ambition you still have to create even more success. Keep pushing yourself and you won’t ever be disappointed ;0).
Congrats on all of your success!!

Re: Bravo!

Wow! Thank you so much @JenMilam Jen! Good luck to you also in all your endeavors!! I really appreacitae you taking the time to read my story and cheer me on! I'm here as your cheerleader too! Let's get all the business we can this year!

@JenMilam wrote:
@GlamorousDrinksJaNae, that was not boring at all! I could read stories like yours all day long!
So excited for what you have created and all of the ambition you still have to create even more success. Keep pushing yourself and you won’t ever be disappointed ;0).
Congrats on all of your success!!

TackMaster vaughn
TackMaster

I was working at a big retailer and on my way to climbing across the corporate ladder, but even when I succeeded at my job, I never once felt fulfilled. I’d come home often and realized playing music was the only thing that kept me happy and learning kept me on a constant path for growth. While I was in college, I had the idea of becoming a guitar instructor when I friend of mine commented on my teaching skills during a calculus tutorial session. I never once acknowledged teaching as a skill because I always viewed it from a lens of authority vs subordinate (perhaps a victim of our not so perfect public school system like some of y’all). Regardless, I took what was said to heart and realized I needed to change many things in order to be at peace. I left my corporate job with not much in savings and worked 2 jobs through other digital apps while I built my roster through thumbtack. When I started 4 years ago, I had 3 students during my first two months. Today I am teaching anywhere from 48 to 60 per week while managing talented employees. It was incredibly difficult to convince my parents I wanted a music career when A.) they’re not a native to the country I was born in
B.) they’ve sacrificed everything they could to be here

But we all make sacrifices. They too needed to understand that in order for me to be the man I want to become, they had to let me take the measured risks. Never forget where you came from, but don’t lose sight of the big picture either! It’s all about today and right now because that’s how bright futures are cultivated.