results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
emscatering
Level 4

Re: Inspiration - Tell us your story.

Last year my husband and I were staring down bankruptcy. I had to leave a chef position because it was unsafe and the owner was physically abusive. I was broke, broken, and tired. I decided to open a thumbtack pro account to see if I could pick up a private chef gig here and there. I sent my first quote and heard back right away. I booked that gig the same day! Then I quoted again, and again booked. This has continued happening for a solid year and because of thumbtack I have a licensed catering company! I hired on a full time employee, rented a kitchen space, and this month passed the 100k in sales mark. Thumbtack has change not just my business, but also my life. I love the people I have met through events booked on here and I am grateful for the support offered to top pros. I made top pro in my first 6 months and I look forward to many more years of success! Thanks thumbtack!
Moderator Meckell

This brought tears to my eyes @emscatering, such an amazing story! 

0 Kudos
GibsonHealth
Level 2

I started as a personal trainer in may 2014, the summer before my senior year in college. I had a monumental task my senior year, complete 34 hours of core exercise science classes along with training clients in between to pay bills. That year would prove to be a pivotal one in my life. That year was filled with so many ups and downs. From winning my first ever bodybuilding show, to having back surgery and being out of commission for 6 months. I went through a lot. On top of all that I made the biggest decision of my life. To become an independent personal trainer, and build my clientele base on my own. A task that seemed would take a miracle to achieve. Luckily a miracle did come in the form of thumbtack. I was literally on the verge of going back into the food and beverage industry until I discovered thumbtack. I tried thinking like a customer and simply google searched personal trainer in my area and thumbtack popped up. I created a profile and after many quotes, self doubt and thumbtack credits, I finally landed my first organic client. I would go on to help this person lose 80lbs and adopt a lifestyle of fitness. Fast forward 4 years and I am now the #1 trainer in my area on thumbtack and never looking back. Thumbtack has allowed me to turn my passion into a professional high profile career. I have helped dozens adopt a healthier lifestyle and it wouldnt be possible without thumbtack. There aren't words that can express my gratitude. Thank you thumbtack, you changed my life
Moderator Meckell

@GibsonHealth congrats on your bodybuilding show, that's amazing! We're glad to be a part of your journey. 

0 Kudos
TerrellKing
Level 4

Re: Inspiration

Hi Thumbtack before I share my story I just want to say words can't explain what a blessing you have been to me and my family! I am so humbled to be a part of a platform that not only makes it so easy and simple for people to be business owners, but you made a way for people to provide for their families and for that I'm extremely grateful.
Now to my story, before I joined Thumbtack I had my cleaning service for about a year and a half and I wasn't very successful in it I didn't know how to begin or where to look. So as a result I went to work for another cleaning service and even in that I was making little to no money. Being in that type of predicament it was extremely hard to make ends meet. It was so bad that I wouldn't eat some days so that my Wife and babies would. Frustrated and fed up I started praying and asking God for a way out and lo and behold he sent my wonderful baby sister who also has a cleaning service in Florida by the name of Southern Bliss who told me about Thumbtack and how easy it was to get in front of people who were looking for cleaning. And so that night I looked up thumbtack made a profile, uploaded some previous cleaning pictures, a photo of myself and a small description of how I love to clean and the people i serve and literally that very same night I acquired my first $240+ customer with Zero reviews and from there it got heavenly. Now 4 months later I went from no money barely making ends meet barely eating to litterally every bill paid, a Top Pro on Thumbtack, $6000 months, and two employees. My life has completely changed and Thumbtack you made that possible I am forever grateful you guys are amazing I LOVE you!
Moderator Meckell

Re: Inspiration

Thanks for the love @TerrellKing and thanks for sharing your story. Keep up the amazing work!

0 Kudos
Geady2
Level 4

While I was in college in 2012, I was required to create a business plan as part of my Capstone Project. I was working for an extermination company at that time, so two of my classmates and I created Elite Pest Control. I came up with the name and it was befitting, because I had always viewed my customer base as elite and deserving the best pest control service.
After receiving a grade of an "A" from local business owners within the community who sat on the panel during our presentation, I was encouraged by those individuals to make Elite Pest Control a reality, the rest is history! While working as an exterminator, a friend of mine who owns his own Pest Control Company told me about Thumbtack and how he had received so many customers using this platform, a year later and over 110 reviews, here we are, and all I can say is, "thank you so much Thumbtack" I started with a customer base of 400 and now I have over 900 customers that I have serviced since I have been working with the Thunbtack Crew!
Moderator Meckell

so amazing @Geady2

0 Kudos
HypnoD
Level 5

My story? I was born a poor... no, wait, that's not my story...

In August of 2003, I was certified by the New England Institute of Hypnotherapy as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. At the time, I sought certification only because I wanted to lend creedence and authority to my status as a novice hypnotist. Having completed the program I found a new love for using hypnosis to help others heal themselves, getting clients  mostly by word of mouth and doing ad hoc work on request by referral.

In August of 2011, I survived a major stroke to the right side of my brain which pitched me off the path I was on and led me to a new level of advocacy and awareness activism, speaking out on behalf of people with disabilities, an underserved community in which I now found myself a member. I also discovered that within this community both where I worked and outside existed a constant need - a cry for self confidence, self-esteem and relief from the stress and anxiety brought from a largely uncaring world. I found a calling in my ability to ply my growing hypnosis trade with coaching to help calm tempers, panic attacks, anxiety, stress, and help others channel the energy they were pouring into these destructive and unhealthy behaviors and tendencies into more constructive behaviors, and perspectives. I rediscovered the love I have for helping people and found I could use my talent to truly serve my fellow man.

When I discovered Thumbtack had hypnoherapy as an offered service, I elected to wade in amongst my colleagues in the hope that I could continue to find people to help, and earn a little supplemental income at the same time.  I'm so glad I did.  It seems like everyday a new client ibrings a request for help as unique and diverse as they themselves are. I am proud that I have pledged myself to working with each new client personally to personalize their sessions with me in an effort to help them find the success within themselves for which they search.  Very soon I'll be credentialed as an executive coach and will be able to offer that as a service as well. The future looks bright!

And yes, I have been hypnotizing myself constantly since 2011 in my ongoing recovery from my stroke.

Give me an hour of your life and I'll help you change the rest of what remains.
Moderator Meckell

What a great story @HypnoD

0 Kudos