Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
MarioRamirez
Level 6

Is Fash a new name for Thumbtack

There is a new website called Fash.com and it's a clone to Thumbtack in my eyes.

Has anyone seen it?  I wonder if Thumbtack is looking for an alternative due to some bad issues with pros. 

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
11 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Is Fash a new name for Thumbtack

Thanks for reaching out @MarioRamirez, I'm happy to clear things up. Thumbtack doesn't have any type of association with Fash, let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
lark
Level 6

I recently discovered Fash and signed up. It has generated a few leads for me, but no hires yet. They have been around for some time and are part of Liaison Ventures, Inc. and own a number of services that connect customers with professionals. Yes, their business model is identical to what TT looked like when I first signed up, but like many other Pros, I am always looking for ways to get my name and services out there and generate business. I built my business thru TT and when all the drastic changes started taking place last Fall, everything dried up and I had to start looking elsewhere. Happy to say that I believe TT has been listening to our complaints and suggestions and I have seen a slight increase in leads and hires this month, for the first time since November! Truly hoping it continues.

Moderator Meckell

This is great to hear @lark!

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@larkI hope that TT is truly listening because for months, many Pros gave their input and suggestions for improvement, but we have yet to hear anything happening from all that input

0 Kudos
lark
Level 6

@DJStevie, I have followed many of the same threads you are referring to, as well as responded to a number of surveys TT sent me. I shared the same concerns as all the other Pros. I have been with TT for 3-4 years and built my business solely thru this site, so I have weathered some changes. All I know is that recently, I am seeing more requests and have had the ability to "throw my hat in the ring". which is not something I was able to do for several months. This has resulted in some much needed hires, so I am just grateful they have taken some of what we said to heart.

DJStevie
Level 11

@lark 

I wasn't seeing any increased requests with Promote on, especially with taking the advice from many TT reps, moderators, etc. But I have seen more with positive results with Promote off, and using the manual system. So, if Promote works for you, I think that's awesome, but improvements/tweaks, etc need to be made for ALL job categories. With the current system, I can't sit in limbo and wait for a conversation starter.

0 Kudos
lark
Level 6

@DJStevie I've actually never used Promote. Not a good fit for me. Like you, the manual system works best for me, always has. The most recent small changes/improvements are already making a difference for me. As I said, I am hoping that TT keeps tweaking and improving to bring me, and all pros, back to the profitability we had been experiencing until late 2018. 

I grew my business thru TT, recommended it to so many pros and customers, and hired other Pros for services I have needed, i.e. lawn care (this will be season 3 with the same company), HVAC, electrician, plumber, etc. Like so many Pros, I got blindsided when they changed their business model and leads just dried up. It's been really scary as I made the decision last year to go full-time when business was strong, and then suddenly nothing. If not for regular clients, not sure what I would have done the last few months. I think persistence and patience has paid off, at least for me, and I hope it helps others as well. 

If you don't mind me asking, what specifically is not working for you?

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@lark 

My bad, I thought you had Promote on. What's not working for me? I've commented several times this week, hopefully this will not get deleted for repetition. I don't want to be charged for a conversation starter. If I get a starter, I want to have time to review the customer profile, event info and lead cost. Then if I decide to reach out to customer, I don't mind being charged. Sitting in limbo as I told a phone rep earlier isn't going to work for me. With Promote off, I've got a few bookings in 2 weeks. which is more than I had while trying Promote.

0 Kudos
lark
Level 6

@DJStevie Completely with you on this. I need to review the request and event details before I know if it's a fit. The most encouraging change for me recently has been the ability to view and quote on customer requests even if they've already reached out to a pro. It's something that I requested in my surveys with TT and assuming others did as well. It's made a big difference as I've gotten 4 hires in the last month. Hoping they keep opening up more opportunities for us.