Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Highlighted
DJStevie
Level 12

Is this message meant for me?

I came across this lead in my Opportunities Tab, and read the details. At first glance, it looks as if the "customer" was conversing with me. After all, I have all 5 Star reviews. But after seeing that another DJ was reached out to, maybe it was written for someone else?

Does Thumbtack take time to edit/delete these messaes before they are sent to Opportunities Tab? If not, perhaps they should.

DJ Stevie 1-14-2020

Screenshot_2020-01-13 Thumbtack.png

0 Kudos
8 responses

Re: Is this message meant for me?

@DJStevie we give customers the option to give additional details about their project. In this case, it looks like the customer put their message to the pro they were reaching out to in that additional details section. Thanks for pointing this out! 

ReeseTee
Level 8

OK: Here is a question: Based upon your experience here in this community:

Do you really want Thumbtack employees editing the text messages from Job Posters?

Granted, there is some automatic editing: If a Job Poster types their phone number in the text message field,  for example; 888-888-8888  gets automatically edited to xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Something to think about. 

0 Kudos
crussell821
Level 5

The leads in the ‘Opportunities’ tab were sent to other pros; that message was for the pro the lead contacted. You’re just seeing the lead so you have a chance to send a message and try to win the business.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@crussell821 

I understand that. But if that message was for another Pro, then the message should have been sent via messages not in Deatils box where Pros may think it's for them, as in my case, with all of my 5 Star reviews, I thought it was for me. Details box should be just that, details about their event, not messages.

DJ Stevie 1-15-2020

0 Kudos

No they had messaged someone else first that why it was in opportunities tab not.durect leads if you reply even if they never reply back you'll be charged more of the bait and switch thumbtack has turned Into amazing isn't it.
Regards,
Aaron F

0 Kudos

Hey there @MasterpieceAV. If a pro quotes on a job through the Opportunities tab, they aren't charged until the customer responds. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

0 Kudos

And if said customer responds with I'm good or anything any response at all even if it is J already went with someone else you still get charged so whatever Meckell I'm fully aware of how.thumbtack works thanks
Regards,
Aaron F

0 Kudos

@MasterpieceAV if you've quoted on a job through the Opportunities tab and the customer's first response is "I already went with someone else" you shouldn't be getting charged. If you do, please dispute the charge

0 Kudos