Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

National Boss’s Day

It’s National Boss’s Day! --- a day that’s pretty interesting when you look at it through the lens of a Thumbtack pro. Many of you are your own boss, or you’re working that side hustle along with your regular job. Because you’ve taken that leap, and because you’re so boss, we think you should celebrate! You call the shots, you set your own schedule, and you know what’s best for you and your business.

Take a moment to celebrate yourself and your success
With today in mind, we wanted to remind you to look at just how far you’ve come. Take a moment to zoom out from the particulars of your day and appreciate the big picture that you’ve created for yourselves. Give yourself that pat on the back and reward yourself in some small or even big way!

Recognize a favorite boss or mentor that you’ve had
Maybe you also had a previous boss or mentor that were a huge help to you when you first started. Or you have someone that’s continuously been at your side and helping you fulfill that #selfmade dream as an independent business owner. You could reach out in some way and thank them again for the amazing influence they’ve had on you.

Tell us about being your own boss
What are your favorite parts of being your own boss? Are there any benefits or perks that surprised you?

On the flip side, what are some of the biggest challenges that you’ve encountered or consistently run into that maybe you did or didn’t anticipate? How do you go about working through them?

2 responses

Re: National Boss’s Day

Take a moment to celebrate yourself and your success
My company has helped over 200 kiddos and adult professionals. I've employed about 100 people too. I've met a lot of great, good, and pretty terrible employees. Learned alot about leadership and management, especially.

Recognize a favorite boss or mentor that you’ve had
I've never had a good pro-bono mentor. They always fall short of their claims. Bosses? I've had some good ones. I've loved working with artists and folks of high integrity. When I was 23, I moved to Seattle with a backpack. One of my first jobs was an assistant at a weed advertising firm. I worked under the lead marketer. He was a really, really good man to me; caring, and became a true friend, sharing whatever he had with me when I really needed it.

Tell us about being your own boss
Creating the change you want to see in the world is an immense plus. The world doesn't work according to your rules. I have a long-term girlfriend now and it's not as easy to be a business owner anymore. More claims on my time and more needing to fit into what this slice of society wants me to be. The challenges never cease, and the organization requried is immense. I reccomend you never stop learning; I think that's held me back the most from becoming more successful. Never keep your nose down too long.

Moderator Kameron

Re: National Boss’s Day

@StudentCircle thanks for sharing! That's so amazing that you've been able to help that many people succeed in their learning. I'm sure it feels good whenever you stop to think about the difference you've made. 

0 Kudos