results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: New Contest - Use Thumbtack as a Customer!

Solved! Jump to solution

@Rebus This is great! I hear a lot of similar stories from pros who actually found Thumbtack as a customer and ended up becoming a pro. Love it!

photojessie
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hired a hair stylist through Thumbtack Customer. She styled my hair for a competition I was doing.  Something I absolutely loved was how simple it was to fill out the form to get the right pros to contact me.  #loveit when I got more responses than I needed. I also loved how easy it was to communicate from the customers perspective. From this, I now send out more quotes since I know the leads are read and not always responded to but all seen on one screen. 

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@photojessie Thank you for sharing!

Allstar1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I think I got this by mistake.....I have never used Thunbtack, but I am a pro , and I have worked for thumbtack.   I have a "BEST OF 2015" and a "HANDYMAN OF THE YEAR"  on my Wall, in my office.   I won it for two years .  I also have 100%  5 STAR revues , and anyone can read them. 

Larry

0 Kudos
DrJill
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I used Thumbtack as a customer two years ago and found it difficult to find what I was looking for.  I did not find a pro that was suitable for the house repair job that I needed.  I had better luck with the phone book.

0 Kudos
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

We have unsuccessfully tried using TT as a customer 3 times. This was before the massive changes to the costs associated with lead generation for the pros. We received one response one time out of three that was not a suitable solution to our need.

Unfortunately now we are well aware of the costs and method of charges to the pros so we would not feel comfortable using TT as a customer.

Sorry, but this is our perception of what has evolved with all the changes to the lead generation model and the huge increase in associated costs.

0 Kudos
Wisedove
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I used Thumbtack in Ohio to fix my elderly mothers front pole lamp. The pro came and fixed the light. My mother was pleased and I gladly paid him. A few months later, when visiting Ohio, my mother mentioned the light wasnt working again. I got ladder, pulled out wire and found previous guy (not pro) used masking tape to wrap wire nut connection, soaking in moisture causing an arcing fire onto the metal pole.
0 Kudos
Dwga
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, I have hired a Thumbtack pro. It was an awesome experience. I now have a new picket fence around my front property with a working gate. The pro was very timely, efficient, and the price was very fair. I did not haggle him to death for next to nothing like customers looking to hire me do. I respected his position a pro here to sell his business and I got a perfect product. Have had cold feet to get back on Thumbtack myself since it was always a lose-lose for me.

Darcy

DWgraphicarts

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@Dwga Thank you for sharing - loved hearing this story!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbelden
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

It was new for me being on the other side of the Thumbtack experience as the customer. As a customer, I have had a good experience. I hired a pro to help me with advance STATS as I am getting my Ph.d.  He was not the cheapest, so I thought about his value, and as a pro myself, I understand. I picked this particular pro because when he emailed me he was friendly, had experience, and was prompt. I currently still use him today and will continue to use him throughout my program.