Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

New Contest - Use Thumbtack as a Customer!

Solved! Jump to solution

Spring has finally arrived here and I’m so happy that the snow is melting! As the snow melts, I am reminded of all the things I need to do around my house.

This is a great time to try Thumbtack as a customer (if you haven't already). Do you need some spring cleaning done? Maybe it's time to get those branches and leaves removed from your gutters. Or perhaps this is the time to get your air ducts cleaned. I just hired a Thumbtack pro to clean all of my tile/grout.

Using the platform as a customer offers SO MUCH insight to a pro. It helps you improve your profile, because you can see what makes other pros stand out.  And it helps you improve your communication with potential clients, because you can see what type of communication you value most.

We would love to hear about your experiences as a customer, and we want to give away $250 to one of you!

To enter the contest:

1. Find and hire a pro on Thumbtack.
  2. After you’ve hired the pro, reply below and tell us:
    1. What type of pro you hired and what job you had done.
    2. One #LoveIt (something you enjoyed about your experience as a customer) OR one #CouldBeBetter (something that you think we could improve upon).
    3. One thing you’ll do differently as a pro now that you’ve seen the customer experience.

Our team will read about your experiences and pick a favorite.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Shuddrbug1
Level 6

Re: New Contest - Use Thumbtack as a Customer!

Solved! Jump to solution

1. Hired someone to clean ducts in my home.

2. #couldhavebeen better. The guy did an ok job, but didn't have the equipment he stated he had in the response.

3. Always be upfront with clients about your abilities and the type(s) of equiipment you use.

View solution in original post

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: New Contest - Use Thumbtack as a Customer! - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone! Thank you so much to all pros who participated in our latest contest - Using Thumbtack as a Customer. We had lots of great submissions and it was tough to choose just one. I loved hearing so many stories of our pros connecting with other pros, and getting stuff done! I also loved hearing about everything that our pros learned from the experience, to become better themselves. Feel free to share more stories and keep the conversation going!

Congratulations to our winner, @Shuddrbug1! We loved your story about your experience using Thumbtack as a customer, and what you learned. It's so important to be upfront with clients, in order to create a good experience and hopefully create lasting relationships that can lead to more business in the future.

Thanks again to everyone for participating! We'll have more competitions in the future, so if you didn't win this time, don't worry! Stay tuned for another opportunity.

View solution in original post

70 responses

Solved! Jump to solution

Wedding and Event photography needs to be in its own selection and make Corporate Event Photography is own selection.  

Pat
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution
I did try Thumbtack to hire a plumber and an electrician for an addition I was doing in Jaffery, NH.
No responses, ended up hiring a plumber from Home Advisor, and found an electrician from an internet search. Never tried you again.
No a great story, so I won't hold my breath on winning, LMAO.
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@Pat and @RevRay This is exactly why we are so excited for the new Thumbtack - before we rolled this out 80% of customers never heard from a pro. You should give it a try again! I have used Thumbtack as a customer so many times, many of those before I even worked here! I have had a couple of non-happy experiences, but that is just what happens as we are dealing with humans and humans aren't always the best Smiley Wink Overall, I have loved my experiences hiring pros through Thumbtack and I recommend it to everyone I know - I mean, where else can you find everything from a balloon artist to a plumber?! 

Thanks for sharing your experiences and I hope you get the chance to try again!

Solved! Jump to solution

Lol wow... If 80% of customers didn't hear from a pro - and now pros don't hear back from 60% of their customers... I don't know, there's a math equation in there somewhere!

(60% figure seems pretty consistent as far as pros using the promote system, paying for leads from customers who reach out, and then not hearing anything back from the customers)

Pere
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack is god app
ľm reach New costomers
0 Kudos
tculmann
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I had to hire a mover last spring and went to Thumbtack. The group I chose was awesome.

The administrative assistant was on top of it. She would respond to my messages right away.

The 2 guys hired were the best movers. They had to load a 2 1/2 townhome in a 16 ft truck and unload

into a strorage unit. 

They were extremely efficient, shrink wrapped breakables and fit all of the items in one trip. They stayed wothin

the 2-2 and half hour window which kept my cost down.

I wanted to hire them to move me out of state but it was not in their contract.

Great experience. #Verypleased #bestmovers   Tammi Culmann

TackMaster LVphotog
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes! I agree! I’ve been suggesting this for over 12 months, as they have expanded some other options in the categories, hopefully they will make that change soon!
Highlighted
dagomatic
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been asking for this for 5 years. Requests from Top Pro's are just not a priority.

0 Kudos
RevRay
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, we have tried to use Thumbtack as a customer on numerous occassions.  We typically don't get any response from any pros.  If we do receive a response, then is the only response the we get.  To sum it up, it has not been a good experience for us.