Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: New Contest - Use Thumbtack as a Customer!

Solved! Jump to solution

@JimInDallas Thank you for sharing! I have also hired a lawncare professional on Thumbtack. I love LOVED having someone do it for me. Last summer we bought a lawnmower and now we make our son do it - so I'm still off the hook!

GeorgeH
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Just last week I posted a request as a customer through Thumbtack.  I have three legitimate projects ranging in value from $150,000 to $600,000 looking for builders.  I guess I thought I might receive a few more quotes than I actually did.  The post has been up for over a week now and I have not received one single response.  I'm guessing the reason is that Thumbtack has increased their prices to pro's by nearly 600% for bidding.  Another reason might be that "ghosting" happens to nearly 75% or more of the quotes that pro's do put out, which leads to high expense, no income.  I'm thinking that maybe pro's are just plain tired of spending money on quotes and not getting anything in return.  They dont get hired, they dont get any valuable feedback from the system to help them analyze their approach, and they dont get any real support from Thumbtack.  But hey... they do get leads, and they should be happy for that.  After all... that's what Thumbtack is in the business of doing....sending leads, regardless of the value.  Overall, in an effort to "keep it relevant", I had a fantastic experience with my posting to Thumbtack as a customer.  I would do it again just for kicks....  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
mmhylton
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I hired a CPA for tax preparation.
#CouldBeBetter: I've used Thumbtack as a customer before this, and for me Instant Match was probably the best experience. Looking through people's profiles made for a bit more work. As a pro though, I have appreciated being able to look through people's profiles to get more of a feel for the market.
What I'll do differently: not count on people visiting my website, as I didn't visit the tax preparer's.
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@mmhylton Thank you so much for sharing - glad you were able to find someone to help with your taxes (which reminds me, I need to do my taxes SOON)!

0 Kudos

Terrible Experience

Solved! Jump to solution

I tried to find an appliance repair person. The list of people were nowhere near my location, for the most part. I reached out to one, who declined instead of responding. The interface was confusing and I couldn't find my original message to copy and paste into the interface, to send the details to other "pros". All it would actually let me do was select more pros. I selected 2 or 3 others, from the list of people that, for the most part, had absolutely nothing to do wiith appliance repair... such as a cleaning lady, a house painter, and a tree service, to name an irrelevant few. Well, those three also failed to respond in any manner. Giving up, the microwave was thrown out and replaced with a new one.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

Re: Terrible Experience

Solved! Jump to solution

@DefiningImagery 

This is a symptom of the new promote system. My wife has run into this quite a bit, and now that she is wise to the promote feature she has found that if she moves down to the 4th or 5th pro on the list, the relevance of the pro as compared to the need increases by a large amount. Promoted Pros are given top billing to outsmart the unsuspecting customer who wrongly assumed that the system ranks pros beginning with number 1. This is why most companies in this business put the word Ad or Promoted on those listings so that they are honest with the customer as to what really is going on. Not telling the customer the whole truth as to what they are seeing, or at least withholding full transparaency is an issue and as more and more customers figure this out I am sure the amount of repeat business will suffer.

0 Kudos

Re: Terrible Experience

Solved! Jump to solution

I actually am the most qualified, highes trained, legitimate, licensed, insured, pro in my genres and appear at the top of the list, so your statement isn't actually always the case. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JBigs
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hired an accountant. I was happy with him, but the charge was more than quoted and expected. I continue to use him, but will probably try to over time take over more of my bookkeeping on my own wit software, and get it done cheaper by having most numbers already calculated. 

0 Kudos
tcbischof
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I hired a computer repair person in my town of Newberg. He was late, charged me for an estimate, when it said call for a free estimate. He did diagnose the problem. But I didn't want to install windows 10 to my PC due to my computer runs a lot of programs that only operate on my windows 7. So now I am at a crossroads to repair or not to repair that is the question. He said he was busy with other projects, & when I'm ready to give him a call.

#Fair experience #Not efficient use of time #Didn't feel like a priority  #Paid for estimate

0 Kudos
Canuck7
Level 1

Door Install completed

Solved! Jump to solution

I just had a front door install completed. I have to tell you it is an amazing job. Jon Bragg did the job. My front doors were 32x80, and there were 2, so basically He did a custom door and then installed.

The job was amazing, am so pleased with the results.