Highlighted

Opportunity Lead Costs

Community Expert
Best Answer

The other day, I saw a lead in the Opportunity Tabs that I may bid on since Targeting leads are far and few between for months now, but I saw the notice circled. Is this another change that should have been sent to all Pros?

Also, shouldn't all leads be the same cost? Shouldn't all Pros be on the same page when Targeting or manual bidding? If I'm Targeting, why would I be charged more for jobs in the Opportunity Tabs? 

DJ Stevie 3-8-2020

*post edited by moderator on 03/09/2020 for code of conduct violation*

replies
Highlighted

Re: Opportunity Lead Costs

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I saw that too.  One thing I don't get is that this makes the less-likely leads more expensive.  Isn't that backwards?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DJStevie Opportunities are priced separately and may cost more. Keep in mind that when your Targeting preferences are set and a customer reaches out to you, you get a discount on that lead. That discount does not apply to jobs in the Opportunities tab and you'll, therefore, see them cost more. 

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Meckell 

Thank you for your reply. But, personally, we shouldn't be charged more because we are given a list of Opportunities in case other Pros never replied, or "customer" may not hire a Pro that they reached out to. If this is indeed an Opportunity for Pros to land jobs, and it's considered secondary as a Support Rep recently told me, then fees should be less, as we may not have a chance to win the job anyway.  I search the Opportunity Tab daily now as direct local leads are rare these days, but refuse to pay between $30-$50 per DJ lead where "customer" budget is $400 or less.

DJ Stevie 3-9-2020

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

It seems completely backwards to pay higher prices for potential jobs we have a lower chance of winning because we are not the customer's first choice (in that they did not specifically select us for Direct Lead) nor did we specificallty target them.  Since the fees we pay are not success-based, I don't understand why in the world we should pay MORE for something where we - by its very nature - have LESS of any real chance.  

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer
@Imheim
Agreed!
DJ Stevie 3-11-2020
0 Likes