Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Josephlisky
Level 5

Our phone numbers and websites removed

Anyone else noticed they have removed our phone numbers and websites from the customer view of our profiles? Still visible to me though under my profile but when I view as a customer bam it’s gone. Customers used to call direct or submit inquiry through my website. Way to have the pro in mind
Occupations (1)
States
8 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Our phone numbers and websites removed

@Josephlisky 

I just checked my profile as a customer. I had thought my website was there for customers to see as well.  Only thing that I see is my social media. Besides reading our profile, shouldn't they be able to see our websites to see learn more about us? That's gotta change. If we are shopping for something on line, do we click on "add to cart" first, or click on item to learn more about it?

@Josephlisky @DJStevie It's definitely still there. Customers are able to see your website and phone number on your profile once contact has been made. Sorry for any confusion! 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Thanks for letting me know. It explains why my website "hits" are down. But as I said, customers would know more about us if they were able to see our website as well.

Josephlisky
Level 5

We are just suppose to believe you because how are we suppose to check that?After they make contact means we’ve paid money. I clicked preview to show the customers view of my profile and no where does it show my website of phone number .
0 Kudos

@Josephlisky it won't show in the "view profile as customer" view because any customer can view that page and that info is only shown to customers who have contacted you or who you've sent a quote to. 

0 Kudos
Josephlisky
Level 5

Otherwise meaning we pay first then they view second
HandyMike
Level 6

To be fair, we can't expect TT to allow customers to see our phone numbers or website which have our phone numbers until we've paid for the lead.  That would allow us to circumvent the system and get the leads without paying the fee.  

The debate over the prices we pay for leads is a valid one and I'm one to point out that the new system stinks and is too expensive.  
But I don't have any problem with TT withholding our contact info until they get paid their fee.   It's the same as how we can't see a potential client's phone number until we pay.  Many pros would simply call the client directly and skip the TT process.  

magicfingers
Level 6

A smart customer who does their homework would google the company anyway for information
As the thumbtack profile does not provide enough information for a customer if they are making a decision on a bigger project