Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Pro Status

I know that getting CHEATED out of Top Pro Status has already been talked about but I’m so furious! I’ve been using Thumbtack as my sole way of promoting my business for going on 5 years. Since the beginning I’ve made Top Pro Status every time. I have 87 reviews and have been hired well over 200 times. Teaching piano is a business that is always in flux. People quit for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with me. They move. They decide Piano is hard and they can’t learn it in a few lessons, etc. I’ve never worried about it until now.

I take major pride in the fact that I am the top pro and most hired (5 star rating) pro in my area. I respond quickly. I have only positive ratings. Yet this year I was denied Top Pro status because they say I didn’t have 5 reviews. That is false!!!!!!!! I did have 5 reviews during the time period. However one of my reviews was from a very elderly student who was having a lot of difficulty navigating Thumbtack. So I sent him “the link” you know the link where it says “send this link to get more reviews”. Well I sent him the link. He left me a nice review. Now I’m being told IT DOESN’T COUNT because I used the link they provide so it wasn’t verified.! WHAT?!&! So I got five reviews but because one DOESN’T COUNT, my Pro Status was removed. The student hired me through Thumbtack but it wasn’t verified. But check this out....the review was left in June. But because THEY didn’t verify it until August it doesn’t count!!!!!

Since then I’ve lost 5 students. No biggie I always easily replace them. But now this is suddenly not true. Ever since I lost my Top Pro Status I’m getting no requests. I haven’t been able to replace one single student. This is my family’s only income. I know people contact the pros with Top Pro Status first. I would if I was a customer. It means something. It means EVERYTHING to me. I’m hurting financially big time because of this. I’ve called and was told it would be fixed. Now I’m being told there is nothing they can do. It’s like talking to robots. Of course they could change it and give me my Top Pro status. I don’t have to be a computer engineer to figure that out. I’m so livid!

I’m the person always advertising Thumbtack, encouraging my friends to use Thumbtack and always singing its praises, and this is the treatment I get in return? Every time I think about it I get so upset.

Occupations (1)
States
10 responses

Re: Pro Status

Thank you for the advice.
0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 8

Like @ElZorro said, you need to advertise on different sites. Get a facebook page, it is free. Join your neighborhood facebook pages and advertise there. Nextdoor app is also free. Keep your thumbtack profile and link to it via facebook so clients can see your reviews. Use thumbtack when you can, but you need more options.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MusicEverywhere this is certainly a unique set of circumstances and I apologize for any lack of clarity. The public review link is meant to be more of a way to gather reviews from past customers outside of Thumbtack and are not counted as verified. Many new pros use this to get their first set of reviews on the site. I'm glad that our teams were able to reaffirm that customer hired you through Thumbtack and get it changed. As for how that relates to your Top Pro status, I'll be looking into this and get back to you soon.

0 Kudos

Thank you. Just to reiterate no where on that link does it say that in using it that the review won’t be verifiable. I would have never used if that had been stated. I would have traveled to his home and helped him navigate Thumbtack. Somewhere there needs to be a warning.
0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

Wait. When we send the link from within TT that asks a customer to write a review for us after a job is done the review is unverified ?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MR a review will only be unverified if that customer hired you outside of Thumbtack and you reached out requesting them to leave you a review. If a customer hired you through Thumbtack and leaves you a review, it will be verified. 

0 Kudos

Well not in my case. I still don’t see my Pro Status returned to me.
0 Kudos

@MR Yep. Don’t use that link. It makes the review unverifiable.
Daniel_O
Level 7

@MusicEverywhere wrote:

Ever since I lost my Top Pro Status I’m getting no requests. I haven’t been able to replace one single student. This is my family’s only income. I know people contact the pros with Top Pro Status first. I would if I was a customer. It means something.

How long has it been? I think it's much more likely that you're just in a lull period, and your leads will pick up again soon. I don't think losing top pro has made that much of an impact; you have a stellar reputation with 87 reviews and a 5-star rating, with a friendly looking, quality headshot -- I think that would stand out much more than a 'top pro' badge.