results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Wreach
Level 6

Pro listings for jobs

Something I do not understand, is how are pros with only 3 reviews listed higher on the pro list than pros with 25 reviews? I personally feel like, TT is promoting newer pros because of the changes made. 2019 will be my 4th year of using thumbtack and I am grateful for their business. Until changes were made It benefitted my business. It is super easy to have a 5 star review page, if you only have 3 reviews. Instead of listing pros by reviews, how about listing pros by years they have been with thumbtack, or number of reviews they have? Maybe then the pros that have helped make TT what it is today would not feel like they are being taken advantage of.
Occupations (2)
States
5 responses
CLGPatrick
Level 7

Re: Pro listings for jobs

Hey @Wreach!

I actually think they're listed by who fits the customer's criteria the best.  I still get listed for customers that have a lower budget than what I charge for my services, but I'm listed lower than those that are a better match based on availability and budget.  However, I am curious as to what other criteria is considered choosing the order of listings.

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
Moderator Meckell

I'm happy to clarify @Wreach @CLGPatrick! There are five things that are taken into consideration when it comes to where you rank in a customers search. They are:

1. Profile

2. Promoting your business

3. Pricing

4. Responsiveness

5. Reviews

@Wreach I looked into your account and there are a few things that I can recommend to you in order to rank higher when a customer is searching for a pro. First, I'd expand on your profile a little bit more by getting some more recent reviews and completing your FAQ section. Next, I'd really encourage you to promote your business. When you promote your business, you tell us what jobs you always want! From there, we connect you with customers and they can reach out to you the second they’re interested. Plus, you also get a rank boost and will appear higher in search results. This video here will give you a greater understanding of Promote, check it out! 

Highlighted
CLGPatrick
Level 7

@Meckell Thanks for that clarification!  Are those criteria in order of importance, or do they hold equal weight?  Just my analytical mind thinking here.  lol!

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@CLGPatrick yes they hold equal weight, however, it can depend on your competition. For example, if you and the other photography pros in your area all have a solid profile, great reviews, respond quickly, but you're the only one who promotes your service and has pricing set up, then you'll show up higher. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to clarify! 

Wreach
Level 6

@Meckell I turned promote off, I was being charged double the amount for a customer to ask what my availability was, along with 4 or 5 other pros. I took the time to fill out my calendar, and had a past customer book me for a cleaning on a day I was not available. When I contacted her she was very upset, I tried to do it next day, or day before. She did not leave me a review the first time I cleaned for her, but put a two star review when TT allowed her to book me for a day I was not available. I contacted TT and was pretty much told not to worry I had enough good reviews it was not going to hurt. I do not have any recent reviews because I have not received any good leads from thumbtack in almost a year. I am a single employee business, trying to help people who really need help. I feel like TT really isn't worried about the pros that helped them get to where they are now.