Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
ReeseTee
Active Community Member

Profanity in Reviews???

Does, or DOES NOT, Thumbtack allow Job-Posters to use profanity in reviews?

The Thumbtack ad came up in my Facebook feed, and I clicked on a local Pro, and was very startled and surprised to see this type of review. 

Bigger picture: A lot of TT Pro's feel that corporate does not take our side on undeserved bad reviews.

Occupations (1)
States
8 responses
RCPS
Active Community Member

Re: Profanity in Reviews???

WOW!!! And that's been there for over one year? Not cool at all. 

- RCPS 11/17/19

Lar
Community Veteran

@ReeseTee wrote:

Does, or DOES NOT, Thumbtack allow Job-Posters to use profanity in reviews?

Evidently they do allow profanity. I was under the impression that Thumbtack was supposed to be a professional and courteous platform aimed at connecting Profssionals to Customers. As such the use of vulgar and rude profanity (as highlighted by @ReeseTee) should be wholly unacceptable.

In an effort to keep things 'constructive' I would recommend that Thumbtack disallow the use of any and all profanity on their platform. 

Further, I recommend that Thumbtack initiate an effective and stringent protocal to detect, find, and delete such profanity as a matter of urgency. Whatever Thumbtack are doing at the moment to that end (if anything) clearly doesn't work.

Moderator Meckell

Happy to give some clarification @Lar. If you read my response to Reese, you'll see that our Content and Review policy prohibits profanity and is not allowed. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ReeseTee we had to remove the screenshot as the profanity in it violates our Code of Conduct. We are happy you brought this to our attention and want to take care of it right away. In our Content and Review policy, it states that we prohibit Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity or violence, or is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or discriminatory. With that being said, we want to look into this review and get it taken care of as soon as possible. Can you send me a private message with a link to the profile in which you found this? 

0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Active Community Member

Hello:  As you have been edit-happy in the past, instead of deleting the image, you could have obscured the obscenity:
I have sent you a link to the profile.

What policy's if any, are in place for 1-star reviews?    In 2016, I picked up a 2-star review, with no text, from a mental case, six weeks after the job. She did tip, and 3-weeks after the job, she sent me a Linked-In connect request [which I accepted]

I did phone her, and she was annoyed because she had already told someone at Thumbtack, who had phoned her, that she did not want to talk on the phone.  I did notice, that on the exact same date of my 2-star review, she gave one of my competitors...a 5-star review [ ...he may have put her up to it...I have no proof]

If there is a panel of people, or procedure in place....where Thumbtack Corporate calls a job-poster who puts up a 1 or 2 star review, ....I think...we as Pro's need to understand exactly what...if any Policies TT has for Pro's getting poor reviews.   And, I certainly do not want to be phoning an irate customer who has just told TT corporate...over the phone....that they don't want any more calls. 

Reese Turbin

Moderator Meckell

@ReeseTee We may reach out to the customer, it just depends on what is shared in the review. Whenever a low review is left we may choose to reach out to the customer or the pro at our discretion. If we're made aware of a project related concern through a review, we will reach out to the pro to gather their side of the story and confirm the issue has been properly addressed. 

0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Active Community Member

So: If I understand this correctly: 

Upon receiving a bad review; a TT Pro should first contact (probably by phone) TT support to see if anyone from TT has spoken on the phone with the unhappy Job-Poster/Customer...BEFORE contacting their customer or putting up a rebuttal to the bad review.

I am assuming that if a call was made from TT to the JP/Customer, it would be noted in the "system", and while TT might not divulge the contents of the call....TT would at least let the PRO know a call was made?

Do I have that right?   Reese T.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ReeseTee as Meckell mentioned, "Whenever a low review is left we may choose to reach out to the customer or the pro at our discretion" so that doesn't necessarily mean that we reach out every time there is a bad review.

0 Kudos