Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Eee
Level 5

Rank higher ?

Hello, I’m not exactly sure how to rank higher or WHY I am ranked so low on the Home Organizer section? I am ranked 8th and there are a few others with lower reviews or profiles that are not completely filled out? I have a 5.0 review av. but unfortunately due to an error, I was not listed as a Top Pro for this cycle. Thumbtack said if I keep up exactly what I’ve been doing, I will be a Top Pro in Jan... BUT that’s Jan. and that doesn’t mean I will be ranked higher necessarily... since I am not getting many jobs from Thumbtack or contacts anymore, I doubt I will be able to get ranked or listed higher since I cannot get anymore reviews....

I wish that we were able to bid on jobs instead of having the customer just pick...of course a customer will pick the top 1 or 2 profiles to contact.

What can I do to rank higher and can someone explain why I am ranked so poorly or what to do?
Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
12 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Rank higher ?

@Eee keep in mind that ranking is ever-changing and you're profile may show up higher or lower in a customer's search depending on things like their distance from you. With a fully established profile like yours and a great response rate/time, the next thing to work on that will help your ranking will be adding your reviews over time. 27 is a really awesome number, however, I'm seeing that the average pro in your area has close to 40 reviews. 

As to why other pros with a less complete profile or reviews will show up higher, it can be hard to say exactly why. Some pros may have a super-fast response time, or they might be a newer pro getting a small boost from Thumbtack for a bit while they get started. 

You mentioned wanting to be able to bid on jobs, which you can still actually do through the Opportunities section of your Leads tab. If pros are not receiving enough Direct Leads they can reference Opportunities where customers have reached out to other pros and they can make those customers aware they are interested in the job.

Eee
Level 5

I am not able to get more verified reviews when I do not get contacted for jobs. Others are getting 40 plus because they are ranked higher and therefore getting more reviews very quickly.

Bidding on jobs /contacting customers does not work well because they do not automatically see it since I am not someone they originally reached out to...another pro already stated/expressed their frustration with this in another post.

My biggest issue is the fact that due to an error on thumbtacks part(which they fixed) I was knocked off the top pro list... after they fixed the error, I was simply told to keep up the good work and in Jan , I would be a top pro again...however I earned it for July and it SHOULD be fixed for this cycle. I met all the criteria . Can you help fix this please?
Moderator Meckell

@Eee thanks for your feedback! Regarding your individual Top Pro status, we definitely want to hear about the situation and see what we can do to help. Please contact our support team at 800-948-2034 and they would be more than happy to help! 

0 Kudos
Eee
Level 5

That’s the general Thumbtack number. I called them already( my message even stated that they told me to keep it up and wait for January)which is why I’m now reaching out to you guys to see what can be done, if anything ?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Eee thanks for clarifying. I'm happy to learn more about your situation. However, I do want to set the expectation that any answers you receive from our customer support team will be the same answers you'll receive from us here in the Community. Feel free to send me a private message with more info! 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Meckell Why don't TopPros have access to a higher or escalated level of customer support? It would seem that this would be a great perk that TopPros would love to take advantage of.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MR Top Pros do in fact receive prioritized and quicker access to customer support. In @Eee's case, it appears that she's already been able to reach out and discuss her Top Pro status with our teams. 

0 Kudos
Eee
Level 5

Yes, I did reach out via phone multiple times. I did call again today. Unfortunately, even after they realized that I had 13 reviews between the time that they stated( 13 -5 star and 1 -4 star(I never met or worked for that person btw...she just gave me a 4 because I wouldn’t discount my rate🤷🏿‍♀️) , they said they could NOT backtrack and fix the situation by giving me the Top Pro status that I earned and to just wait until January Smiley Sad .

Sigh I wish there was something they could do to fix the error.
0 Kudos
Eee
Level 5

@Meckell how do I direct message? Thank you!
0 Kudos