results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Richstanesic
Level 1

Small business trends for 2018.

Someone talk business with me.
Occupations (2)
5 responses
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: Small business trends for 2018.

Hi @Richstanesic!

I have owned a wedding cake company for a little over 12 years. I got in to baking, because my mom used to go CRAZY baking for the holidays and from a very young age, I was her sous chef. I also love to draw and paint and cakes were just kind of a natural path for me.

I've been a pro on Thumbtack for 4 years. And I joined the Thumbtack team a year ago today!

Let's talk! How did you get started? What brought you to Thumbtack? What are you hoping to accomplish in the near or distant future?

Looking forward to learning more about you!

Dusti

hand painted cake.jpgOlive branch cake.jpgPink ombre cake.jpgSequin cake.jpgWedding+Cake1+-+Fondant+Ruffle+Bling+Cake.jpg

Moderator Meckell

I love how you got started with your business @DustiO, thanks for sharing! 

JSGDS
Level 7

Trends

Housing market is on the rise (bubble?)

Unemployment is low (for MN any way)

Fortnight is rapidly becoming the most additive thing in the world (i don't get it myself)

More and more leaning towards gig based employment for many skilled trades instead of employment and schedules.

Digital Marketing increasingly becomes more important as it continues to evolve and has changed focus into being more content driven with pictures, videos blogging and constant contact relationship marketing looking to be the best way to reach more jaded advertising wary millenials who stand to inherit the boomers and become the new face on the dollar were chasing.

Younger buyers have also become increasingly more interested in companies they do business, which has been a boon for small businesses as hand crafted,sustainable, local and green become search words and they seek out those owners who are active in their communities and charity.

Moderator Meckell

Thanks for your input @davesfastmoves and welcome to the Community! 

0 Kudos