Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

Sorry John (See Screen Shot)

47f556185f6f66bc075b704a87ad6e8c.pngSorry John

These are the customer's words. They never received a notification that I sent a quote. No text message, no email. This is about how Thumbtack treats the customer.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
23 responses
MR
Level 11

Re: Sorry John (See Screen Shot)

@HansenJC  It was recently posted on these boards that the customer should be allowed to choose the best way to be contacted (phone, email, text, in app) and go from there. I really like that idea so please add my vote to the tracker for this enhancement request.

We have been told that each "vote" is recorded so all in favor of this add, now is your chance to be heard.

HansenJC
Level 10

I vote for this request that customer should be allowed to choose the best way to be contacted (phone, email, text, in app) and go from there as well.

And we all know the issue.

Thumbtack does not inform the customers, via email or text message on their phone, that I sent them a quote. They must voluntarily open their message board on Thumbtack to ever know that I sent a quote, or see and read my followup message.

On multiple occasions, I have head from a customer: "Oh, I didn't see your quote."

Thumbtack does not inform the customers that they will be able to see my phone number the moment that they send me a reply to my quote through the Thumbtack messaging system. This is because without that response from the customer, Thumbtack cannot charge me, but Thumbtack does not tell the customers how Thumbtack works.

So, because the two Pros who were contacted by the customer on Monday never accepted the lead, the customer came back in to Thumbtack to see what was going on. And THEN they realized I had on Monday quoted their request that I found in the Jobs Tab.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Hankster
Level 10

Also @HansenJC TT doesn't educate their customers on what they should expect to pay for a service. They never have in the 10 years Ive been using TT. Instead their customers are telling us what they are willing to pay. For the prices that we pay for leads TT needs to do a much better job & work with their service pros.

HansenJC
Level 10

@HanksterActually.... (I've said this before and submitted it as a suggestion)..... I really wish that Thumbtack would REQUIRE the JP to state in clear terms that we can use in a filter to TARGET the jobs we want JUST HOW MUCH THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE JOB and then let EVERY Pro who wants to work for that amount to bid the work. That would define a truly free market. When the JP is shopping for the lowest price in town, he will get the cheapest pro on Thumbtack. And when no Pro is desperate enough to work for that amount then the JP can repost the request. Over and over again he can submit the Job Request until he finds what the Pros are willing to take. It is like a Dutch Auction. And if time is of the essence for the JP, the price will be higher than if he is just shopping around and willing to take his time.

This would be a Win Win. The customer gets the job done at market price. Yes it is the lowest price of the new Pro trying to establish himself. Over time, he will value his time more carefully and his prices will go up.

Thumbtack is catering to price sensitive customers but not all of them will take a chance on the newest guy with the least number of reviews.

And here is how I would Win in this scenario. When I see that all the customers are unwilling to pay a price that is profitable to me, I move on and find a more worthwhile endevor. But as it is now, I bid blind never knowing what price it will take to get me the job.

Right now, the customers are given a meaningless price by Thumbtack that is an average from all over the country for what home inspections cost. I am not all over the country and I am in a market that is not average. None of us are average.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Hankster
Level 10

All of that sounds really great @HansenJC I was told all suggestions & feedback submitted are kept by TT in a robust feedback system. Maybe one of the moderators can follow up on this & let you know where your suggestion stands currently. I'm still going to continue say & not in any way disagreeing with you, but these JP's still need to have some sort of an idea what to expect to pay for a service before they submit their request. The educated TT customer benefits all service pros. The DJ category average prices borders on ridiculous, so I know exactly where you are coming from.  Like the last sentence of your e-mail states none of us are average. I feel however those are the customers TT is catering to & why we are seeing the poor quality of leads that come our way. TT should be working with their service pros to make the experience on TT a positive one but in my opinion they are not.

Hankster 7/25/19

MR
Level 11

A good part of TT's advertising on Google is indeed problematic... rather than using the words affordable or inexpensive, they use, in some cases the word "cheap"... so.. TT is certainly targeting a certain demographic with these ads. Use of the word "cheap" simply has a connotation that I would think TT would be above using.Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 7.44.17 AM.png

MR
Level 11

I will add to my post that, I was having problems with Google AdWords as far as the type of client I was attracting. when I added the word cheap to the negative keywords list the quality of the leads grew immensely.
HansenJC
Level 10

I did not know that negative keywords was a thing!

THANKS MR!

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
MR
Level 11

@HansenJC   Yep.. I add words like discount, cheap, free, pro bono, clinic etc. to my negative keywords list - I am not very expensive compared to my competition, but I do want to get paid - and I find that the people who search for the "cheap" lawyers are the ones who a) have unrealistic expectations and b) don't pay the bill.