Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Sorry John (See Screen Shot)

When I first started using TT 5 years ago, I was advised by support (they had real professionals speaking to us one on one back then; not multi tasking online chatsters) to always include my contact info in my initial message to any JP. I also reiterate it in any follow ups. 

As for Thumbtack not alerting the JP via email or other means, I find this a very poor practice. Many JP's post requests as impulse shoppers and forget all about it. Thumbtack is not pulling their weight and working with us to make a connection. Thumbtack describes itself as "an introductory service". That's good. However, if only one party is saying hello, then no introduction took place. Of course a friendly alert should be sent to the JP! That's what they want; otherwise they feel ignored. I am ever surprised TT has not picked up on this. I wish they would. It would undoubtedly encourage myself and slews of other serious professionals to spend more on leads.

For the Moderators: I want to be clear that I am in no way frustrated by any of Thumbtacks policies; merely baffled. Understanding my feelings is not nearly as effective as an actual solution. You folks are doing your best within the scope and parameters of your responsibilities. It behooves one, however, to note a pervading sentiment of separation between Thumbtack's practices (of late) and the needs of the Pros who support the company by providing its revenue. Together we can find ways to narrow this chasm, yes?

Thank you.

Moderator Meckell

Hi there @HansenJC. I want to learn more about this situation so that I can give accurate and actionable feedback to our product team. Was there further conversation with the customer where they stated they didn't get an email when you sent them a quote. I ask this because "sorry I missed your message" could mean a variety of things such as they scrolled past it and didn't read until later. Feel free to send me a private message with the customer's name and more info so I can look into this! 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell  Yes you may be as right as I am with my assumptions. But, we all are in the dark about what Thumbtack does or does not do. Here is an opportunity to tell us what we should know about how Thumbtack works for the customers when they are sent quotes from the Jobs Tab.  We need a way to test what a customer would see from the Pros without creating fake jobs to learn the flow from the perspective of the customers. Most of us Pros are too ethical to ever create a fake job.

I have asked in the past a question along the lines of: "What Happens Next". This is to say... What happens Next After I send a Quote from the Jobs Tab and then in a minute or two send a followup message?

I would enjoy speaking with a few customers and report back on what I hear. Give us the tools to honestly address this question. We need better tools like a notification that the customer saw and opened our followup message(s). We do not even know if they saw our quote(s).  I have in the past been told by customers who wrote similar things that they never saw my quote. In this case, you are seeing exactly what I saw. I now have the job and will be able to speak with the customer face to face in a day or two. I may even ask him to show me what he has on his phone or computer that came from TT.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections

If this helps, I have some info that I'd like to share: 8 of my leads from either my inbox or jobs tabs were posted within days on my website contact page (which redirects to my email); four of them before, four after. 7 more leads from my inbox came from JP's who contacted me directly from my Google listing. 8 leads from my jobs tab were also found in Bark. This has been a trend for about a year. I do not know if this is a result of TT not informing us if the JP's look at our responses. One thing is clear: like any consumer, the JP's who post here are definitely shoppin' around. I am not aware of any contact info of mine being blocked out when my responses go out to the JP on this site. May I PM you to know more?

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@HansenJC

We used to be able to see when a JP/TT customer viewed our quotes from the Jobs tab up until this past February. This was part of the February improvements. At the time this was posted by @JasonB back on 2/28/19:

Removing notifications when a customer views your offer: You will no longer be notified when a customer views your offer. Instead, you will receive a notification once the customer reaches out to you. We want to help you focus on your interactions with customers once they contact you, because that’s when you can continue the conversation, seal the deal, and win the job!

That certainly was not an improvement that was needed in my opinion. I don't need TT to tell me what to focus on thank you very much. I know how my business runs & what I can handle. Many if not all of the service pros in different post discussions have suggested/requested that this feature be brought back. As we're all still seeing it hasn't.

Hankster 7/26/19

MR
Level 10

I will echo @Hankster request to have this brought back so that my vote can be added to the enhancement tracking system and get priority.  I have seen this issue raised quite a bit so I would imagine it is near the top of the list.

HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell  I will contact you regarding the customer's name. But for the other Pros watching this topic, I did the job today for this customer in question and met the customer. He was working on his computer to access TT, and did not get any text messages or any emails allearting him to messages from the other Pros and me. He said that he only saw the response from one other Pro and my response when he opened his TT messages and read through them. If there is a setting that would allow him to opt in or opt out of getting any notification, he was unaware of any feature of the software that he may have chosen.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RCPS
Level 7

@HansenJC - I am curious whether this was a job that came from the Jobs tab or Promote?

I ask because as far as I know, for communication on the Jobs where you proactively bid (and haven't been chosen by the job poster), TT does NOT send the poster any notification about your contact attempt. They have to manually go somewhere into their account to see other bids. And from what I understand, it's not very apparent either. Ugh.

Now if this is happening in Promote, that's another story.

Please let me know. Thanks and sorry to hear that you are going through this. It's frustrating either way.

-RCPS
HansenJC
Level 10

@RCPS  Yes, this was a job that I saw on the Jobs Tab. I do not promote. However, the customer told me that other pro who he initially selected did not reply but declined. And that did not come to him as an email or text message. He became frustrated that I had not hear from anyone so he went in to his TT account, opened his message center and there was my quote and the declined message from the other Pro.

This Thumbtack method of denying us the immediate contact with the customers by email or message WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE to me if Thumbtack were honest about how limited their services are to pros who send quotes to customers via the Jobs Tab.

I am not angry or frustrated. I just want to be told in plain language how Thumbtack works and not be forced to hear how it works from the customers AFTER THEY BECOME FRUSTRATED.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections

I may be asking a silly question here, but is it indeed true that once a quote response is made to JP from the Jobs Tab, TT does NOT email or text them notification?