Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
Hankster
Level 10

Suggestions Board

Here's a suggestion. Why not have a Suggestions board discussion set up under the 'Which board should this discussion be in? (required)'? This discussion would be where pros can submit their suggestions. This way all suggestions will be on one board & easy to find not only for the service pros but for the TT support staff as well. Then the service pro doesn't have to keep repeating the same suggestions in different community forums over and over and over again as I have done since the community forums began. You want simplicity & a no brainer implementation for the August update? There it is!

Hankster 7/14/19

11 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Suggestions Board

@Hankster
Great suggestion!!
I like this one, (as well as all of your other suggestions.) This way, our suggestions are in one place.
DJ Stevie 7-14-2019
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hankster I can definitely see the appeal here. However, every suggestion made here is logged into a very robust feedback system - where all relevant Thumbtack team members are able to easily see feedback. Threads here are not super easy to navigate, and as you can imagine, that would end up being a very long thread with a lot of differing ideas. The reason behind putting suggestions/thoughts/ideas into relevant boards is so that pros who might be browsing can get thoughts/answers/ideas that are relevant to the topic at hand or to a specific idea that they are searching.

Community.Thumbtack.com is about connecting our pros to one another and to Thumbtack, so that they can build thriving businesses, share inspiration, share tips and tricks, etc. While feedback and suggestions are a huge and valuable piece of the online community, the goals of the community reach much further than that.

As always, thank you for the ideas!

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

OK. Then why do I have to keep repeating myself with suggestions that I have made in different discussions in the Community Forums? Or have to PM one of the moderators? Doesn't seem like a very robust feedback system to me @DustiO  What's the point of continuing on with this? Another great suggestion down the drain.

As you stated "Community.Thumbtack.com is about connecting our pros to one another and to Thumbtack, so that they can build thriving businesses, share inspiration, share tips and tricks, etc". That would be great if that was actually happening on a consistent basis. But from what I've been seeing I would estimate around 95% of the time it's pros who are frustrated with TT & how the product is not working for them. The TT service pro is also a TT customer. A fact that seems to be ignored by TT.

Hankster 7/15/19

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hankster There is no need for you to keep posting on different discussions in the community forums and PMing moderators with the same feedback items - when you give us a piece of feedback, it is logged. It is a very robust system - as I previously mentioned, just because we are not implementing feedback that you give us, does not mean that it isn't heard, logged, and seen - and it may be something that we implement down the road. Unfortunately, we can't implement every piece of feedback we hear.

We are working on ways to increase engagement from pro to pro - that is why it is great to have seasoned pros like yourself here, to interact with other pros. This community is young and we are building it with these goals in mind. It is also a place where we are happy to hear feedback and troubleshoot with pros - one is not exclusive of the other Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

When the suggestion is logged does this system that tracks our suggestions get tracked with a case number or some sort of numbering system? Or how exactly would one of my suggestions be found if I inquired about it at a later date @DustiO ? 

How To Review All the Suggestions

Wouldn't it be great to view all the suggestions made here in one list? The Moderators always tell us we have great feedback; and by golly, they're right! It would help us not be redundant and more efficient.

DJStevie
Level 12

Re: How To Review All the Suggestions

@ChefOfAllSeason 

I like this idea, and yes, we all have given great ideas.

Also, I believe that another Pro had suggested something similar a week or so ago,  but the idea was squashed because Thumbtack felt that there are too many suggestions out there. At least, that's what I understood from what was talked about

DJ Stevie 7-27-2019

Hankster
Level 10

Hello @ChefOfAllSeason I made this same suggestion you did two weeks ago. To have a Suggestion Board as one of the drop down selections You can see my entire post here https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/The-water-cooler/Suggestions-Board/m-p/27630#M6854 My idea got shot down by @DustiO because she told me that Thumbtack has a very robust feedback system. I was also told that there is no need to keep posting on different discussions in the community forums and PMing moderators with the same feedback items - when you give us a piece of feedback, it is logged in this very robust feedback system. So, I asked @DustiO "When the suggestion is logged does this system that tracks our suggestions get tracked with a case number or some sort of numbering system? Or how exactly would one of my suggestions be found if I inquired about it at a later date"? Didn't hear back from her. Followed up with @taylor asking the same questions. Two weeks have passed & I still haven't received an answer from either one. Makes me wonder how robust this feedback system really is.

Hankster 7/27/19 

@DJStevie : There is no such thing as too many suggestions! TT's feedback system is robust! The webinar from last May has proven this!