Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Survey all Pros

What if a survey were sent from the product development team to all Pros using Thumbtack? This survey would ask us to pick the 5 foremost issues (from a list of 10) we are having. let all the data be gathered and the changes implemented within a three month span. If there is a better way for Thumbtack to build a better service that is Pro-friendly, Let's hear it. 

Now, everyone knows change takes time; tree mpnths is merely a benchmark. The idea is to start making real tangible changes that repair certain problems. I believe most of us agree that the ghost problem is first on the list. 

18 responses
DeputyDawg
Level 5

Re: Survey all Pros

@ChefOfAllSeason  1.  Eliminate fake leads (I don't believe in ghosts).  2.  Seriously limit number of pros per lead.  3.  Enforce licensing and insurance standards for pros.  4.  Establish reasonable minimums for quotes (TT has become the domain of cheapjack customers, so that this might be a waste of time).  5.  Allow pros to review and rate job posters. 

If these steps were taken, it would improve the quality of the leads enough so that another problem, the high cost of leads, might not be an issue anymore.

@Deputy Dawg: How do you think ghosting can be eliminated? I believe that more specific options should be part of all job posts. As for pros rating job posters; absolutely. I have said before that the first time someone ghosts, that person is banned for 30 days. Second, 60 days. Third: permanently banned. The way auto click requests are sent to our inboxes also need a serious overhaul too.
How do you see ghosting being fixed?
DeputyDawg
Level 5

@ChefOfAllSeason Let TT charge pros full pop, premium lead price, for a lead that comes with a valid phone number.  Half price for a lead with a valid Email.  Have the job posters register with TT with a 2 step verification.  Hopefull that will eliminate the "what's your availability" leads, the pranksters and the weird leads that come in from overseas at 3:00 AM   

Our firm usually pays $75-$100 for a local tip on a valid lead after we land the customer.  We gave up paying premium prices for Thumbtack quality leads last year and have never looked back.

jcp
Level 9

Ghosting can be greatly eliminated if Thumbtack guides the customer properly.  Asking the customer to click "wants a estimate" or "wants availability" when you are on promote therefore leads to a lot of customers that don't respond.  Guide them to read our reviews, look at our rates, see our samples THEN click here "if highly interested in conversation with pro"  or something along that line.  Or letting the customer know that we pay a fee when they click (which they will never reveal to customer) . . .  there are many simple ways to help this - it just is not being done.  For over a year this is a common complaint, especially from us that have been with Thumbtack for years.  Being forced to pay for bogus leads - rather than responding only to the leads we know we are right for or actually interested in - is not in the best interest for Thumbtack.

@jcp There is a new refund policy that has been initiated in the Dallas, TX area. I wonder where else?

Below is a screen shot of a recent refund. It looks like Thumbtack is definitely on the right track working us. 

TT Ghost Refund.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

@ChefOfAllSeasons maybe it’s better there because your coat was $6. Here in LA with heavy competition- my leads are about $17 to $28. I appreciate this info. And will look into it. Have a great holiday season ... it’s just about to start!!! Jami
0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Just asking again - how long has this been implemented in your area?
0 Kudos

@jcp I am not in Texas. I am in Connecticut. This screen shot was posted on an off site chat group made entirely of vetted TT Professionals. I posted it because it shows that maybe TT is returning to its previous policies that worked so well. 

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@ChefOfAllSeason ohhh all the way east! Smiley Happy. Well thanks for sharing! Off site chat group eh? Yes - this would restore a lot of faith in many! I don’t mind keeping my money in their system and getting credit back - refund back not necessary. But again today - a guy reached out to 9 of us and no response back. Good luck to you and all my best for a great holiday season!
0 Kudos