results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

TT is INFLATING the number of views we actually get!!

I just realized that when they tell us we got X views, they add together the amount of views we had in the search results, plus the amount of profile views, to inflate the number! Here's an example right from my current stats page:

1459 views = 1286 times shown in the search results + 173 profile views

So we're lead to think that 1459 UNIQUE VISITORS viewed it, when actually only 1286 unique visitors viewed it, so the 173 times they clicked on the profile page, they were still the same viewer.

Something is seriously wrong when there are 1286 and only 10 people reach out when my work and stats are so far above the others. That's about 0.7%, which is insanely low! Of the unique views, 13% view my profile. Contrast this to my google results which show 666 views and of that 6 requested directions, 9 called me, and 43 of them viewed my website! So half as many on Google will visit my site, than those on TT who will visit my profile. But, for those actually reaching out to me, it doubles from TT's 0.7% to Google's 1.35% - and that's only counting the direct phone calls they track, not the ones that asked for directions, and not the ones who visited my website and then contacted me from there. There were several more email reach-outs as well. And that's all organic with no paid fees. So why is the reach-out rate so much lower for TT, especially when you consider that TT is supposed to be filtering the results so you're getting the specific genre of photography they're looking for, which weeds out the ones looking in the wrong place. I'm stumped!

13 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: TT is INFLATING the number of views we actually get!!

Thanks for pointing this out and sharing your side of things @DefiningImagery. I'll send this to our teams to look into! 

TheFitCubano
Level 5

How'd it go? Got an update?

I could have 10,000 views. I’m getting no leads. For the lady 4 years, I would get 30 to 45 a month.

Now 1 a month. Have no idea what tt us doing but they are not making $ from me anymore.

IMG_3228.PNGI agree. I've been with Thumbtack going on 5 years and I've never had this little activity. I don't know what's been happening with TT but I'm afraid I'm going to have to close up shop and get a full-time job. I know longer get text messages, and they used to blow up my phone, I apparently am no longer automatically sending quotes for promoted services...in fact, I'm not even getting notifications of services. It's been over month of relatively NO activity. Have things changed with the the admin or is this just not the best way to find new clients anymore? 

BarisGraphics
Full Time Freelance Graphic Design.
On time and on budget!
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

@Barisgraphics I'm sorry to hear that things have slowed down for you. I want to clear up that Thumbtack no longer sends quotes on your behalf. Instead, customers search and find you through search results if your preferences match with their project. If they're interested enough then they can choose to reach out to you. I took a look and your account/profile are in amazing shape with a very high ranking. Right now graphic design is a very competitive market as one of the categories that pros can offer nationwide. Keep doing what you're doing and I hope that things will pick up here for you soon. 

0 Kudos

@Kameron , the promoted services aren't being promoted any more?

How did I not know this? When did this happen?

BarisGraphics
On time and on budget!
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Barisgraphics they are still being promoted, however, this does not mean that quotes are sent on your behalf. Instead, that your preferences are applied and used to help customers find you when searching and you'll receive that rank boost. This article can be a big help in clarifying if you haven't seen it already: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/promote-my-profile.

0 Kudos

@Kameron thank you for clarifying and pointing out the article. I was familiar with that. I try to stay on top of the updates TT has been putting into place.

Again, when did TT stop sending the quotes out on our behalf? That was one of the beauties of the templates. Again, when did that change and were pros notified?

How are we able to win/promote ourselves if we don't make contact with the clients that are looking? Or even know who they are?

I'm a bit baffled at how this process is better than it used to be? When I'm not working I am actively trying to win new clients/projects, I thought I had everything set up working for me, you know the old adage "work smarter, not harder".

Thanks again for your reply.

BarisGraphics
On time and on budget!
Moderator Meckell

@Barisgraphics it sounds like you're referring to Instant Match. Quoting on behalf of pros is something that went away late last year as we rolled out our new systems. Pros were notified in a variety of different ways through email and in product notifications. I want to make sure we get all of your questions answered and you understand how things work. Feel free to message Kameron or I at any time with any questions. 

0 Kudos