Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
StringBender
Level 6

The numbers don't lie.....

Musical Entertainment.jpg

I guess it should come as no surprise why business is so slow. 283 jobs in the last 3 months for 117 active pros. 

States
0 Kudos
18 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: The numbers don't lie.....

@StringBender sorry to hear that things have been slow for you recently. I wanted to congratulate you on making Top Pro, that truly shows the amount of work you put in and the great service that you offer. That badge will be a great way to stand out against those other pros. Something else I noticed and wanted to ask about is your pricing since you have it listed in your Q&A section but not in your settings. Was there a particular reason that you haven't done this? If you were able to add a price in your settings it could definitely help to improve your ranking and stand out even more to potential customers. 

StringBender
Level 6

I had a long discussion about Pricing with Adam. TT has it locked down so you can only state per hour. There are too many variables there. I don't mind giving a range but it is rather short sighted for that not to be a free form field IMO. 

Moderator Meckell

@StringBender thanks for that additional info! I'll be sure to pass on this feedback to our Product Team. 

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Kameron, I thought there was only one place in my settings that didn't have a price. I don't do hour dog walks, only half-hour spans and multiple times a day. I can recheck--is this setting under my Profile? My AZ PP--DW and AZ PP--PS sectors have different prices. And what is a "kudo" please? even if I added a price, all companies price their services differently. For instance, I charge for both medication services and multiple pets, others don't.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@catmaven in my answer I was referring to your set budgets and not the prices that you've set. A kudo is when someone here in the Community has given a thumbs up to your post. If you charge differently than others that offer your service I'd list your prices as they are and then explain how your pricing works in your profile. 

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Sorry, Cameron--couldn't find the section where I could set my budget. Has the TT price gone up so that my $20/weekly no longer covers 2-3 quotes? I had been explaining on how my pricing works in my TT responses to potential clients. Luckily, two of my December 2018 TT folks have hired me again for 2019.

Moderator Kameron

@catmaven to see your budget pages visit your services page HERE. Click on the service you want to check, and once you're there click on budget. That page will then show you the weekly amount you are willing to spend and about how many contacts a week that amount can get you. Like I said right now you are set to receive about 5-8 a week per service. 

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Kameron, I clicked the link, but all I got were my two business sections, dog walking and pet sitting. Didn't see anywhere that showed how much I was budgeting weekly. Like I've said previously, I've had absolutely no viable leads or apps since 2018.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@catmaven correct, once you're looking at your dog walking and pet sitting, click on either one of those, then you'll see a list of options including your budget, click on that and you'll see your adjustable weekly budget. 

0 Kudos