Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jnovember
Level 6

Thumbtack, Show us you really value your Pros!

Thumbtack repeatedly claims that they value us Pro's, but their actions demonstrate otherwise.   Thumbtack, PROVE that you care by fixing the following quickly!

Ghosting -- A recent post nailed the major cause, the "Check Availability" button.  A simple text change to make the button say "Contact this Pro" was suggested.  It is a good suggestion and one that is VERY simple for Thumbtack to make!  No logic changes to their platform.  Only a simple change to the text displayed on a button!   Could be done in a day, if Thumbtack cared about us Pro's!

Inaccurate Ratings Chart displayed in Profile --- I've been complaining about this for 2 years!  Either fix it or don't put it in our Profiles!!!   I have 134 Reviews, 132 are 5-star, 2 are 4-star.  Yet, the Ratings Chart says I have 97% 5-star and 3% 4-star.  I got those 2 4-star reviews 3 years ago, yet the percentages have not changed in all that time!   This would be fixed (or deleted), if Thumbtack cared about us Pro's!

Thank you,  @jnovember

Occupations (1)
23 responses
MR
Level 11

Re: Thumbtack, Show us you really value your Pros!

@jnovember 

With all of the compute power that TT purchases from Amazon and Google, one would think that the computer could calculate what percentage that 2 is of 134.

For me, I am dissapointed on how slowly (if at all) simple fixes to the mobile app are made. I asked to have the date added to the top of each blue text box. Today, all that is displayed is the time. This makes it really hard for scheduling followup texts on a sane schedule. 

I asked for this change a while back.. no reason it hasnt been rolled out by now.

jnovember
Level 6

@MR     Exactly my point!  Another perfect example!  There is a huge frustration level out there amongst the Pro's.  You can read it in so many posts here in the Community.  Thumbtack should go through their "suggestion" list regularly and do the simple/easy fixes.  I know it would reduce MY frustration!

MR
Level 11

@jnovember You are so right.

The frustration just continues to grow. We are due to hear an April update per a recent post by TT.. I am hoping that the changes are substantial. We all certainly have given them enough things to work on, so hopefully the changes are meaningful and pleasing to most here. 

ReeseTee
Level 7

I'm starting to feel very old; because this is the second time in a week, that I am using the expression "Back In The Day".

Back in the day; 2013 - 2016, The button did say "Contact This Pro", and if the job-poster hit the button, it came to the pro as a zero-credit (free) lead. I'm sure Thumbtack sent the lead to other Pro's as well.

I am living with the Thumbtack miscalculations of percentages on my review-graph for the time being. Sometimes the numbers total 98% or over 100%.  But the couple of 1 or 2 star reviews from "ahem,  let us say unpleasant people" ended up being rounded to zero. So, unless the job-poster does a low to high sort, those couple of bad reviews are out of sight.

I strongly feel that Pro's should not be penalized for job-posters who are incapable of planning ahead. AND, Thumbtack is missing out on a revenue stream.  Let the job-posters who are in a rush pay to post their job, and any interested Pro's can reach out for free.

All these millenials "uhhh can you assemble my IKEA furniture today"?  They could have planned ahead, they did not. Let them pay.

MR
Level 11

@ReeseTee   Great points.

One of my other lead services offers refunds (not credits) when a lead comes in that after I talk to them, it is discovered that the person had no legal case, no standing, or there was nothing that any lawyer could do to help them. In addition, they refund leads that are seeking free legal advice (large or small) because that is not the purpose of the service.

Most refunds happen on good faith and without argument. Every once in a while they do call the lead to confirm we had a conversation and ask a few basic questions just to confirm. (yes, phone numbers and email is required - and yes, the number of leads coming through that system are many times what comes through TT, so the statement that leads dont want to give phone/email is not one I have a lot of confidence in)

Some of the leads in that service are bottom feeders or just angry and think a lawyer can solve all of their problems, but, their refund policy makes up for that. There refunds are not given "as an exceptio just to be nice".. but are given as a matter of policy. A much more customer focused message in my opinion than saying we made an exception just for you... 

On TT, I am running at a 100% ghost rate here lately, so I have no idea what the quality of the leads even are anymore.

MR
Level 11

I will add that my other lead services aren't fancy... they let the lead type in some contact info and a little about their case and the info is passed realtime to 1-3 attorneys who are a match based on practice area and location.

That's it... after that its up to the attorney to make contact and take it from there.

There is no app to stay in, no texts in the app, nothing... we get an email and take it from there.

So, the big win there is the SEO placement that they get.. its front page Google almost 100% of the time for all of my categories, so it gets a lot of hits for people looking for attorneys.

Lar
Level 10

Yesterday my new therapist recommended that I (belatedly) give up complaining about Thumbtack for Lent. The last two days have been very very hard for me. Strangely my Therapist reached out to me via the Jobs tab on Thumbtack and I honestly have no idea how she got my details because I never posted a job request.

It's either a bug in Thumbtack (that's not a complaint, cross my heart) or Thumbtack does indeed work in mysterious ways and the next update has some super duper AI job request thingmajig where Thumbtack Pros reach out to you automatically for jobs you don't even know you need done. We live in amazing times.

Doing my best to be positive.

Cheers,
Lar

BillPersons
Level 6

Agreed

@jnovember wrote:

Thumbtack repeatedly claims that they value us Pro's, but their actions demonstrate otherwise.   Thumbtack, PROVE that you care by fixing the following quickly!

Ghosting -- A recent post nailed the major cause, the "Check Availability" button.  A simple text change to make the button say "Contact this Pro" was suggested.  It is a good suggestion and one that is VERY simple for Thumbtack to make!  No logic changes to their platform.  Only a simple change to the text displayed on a button!   Could be done in a day, if Thumbtack cared about us Pro's!

Thank you,  @jnovember

Agreed.  While I don't think this will eliminate ghosting, it is the simplest change imaginable, and that button has got to be the primary cause of ghosting.   Simply put, that button initiates contact with a pro - so, that's what it should say it does.   I just got tickets to a ball game - when i click to see which seats are available, i expect to see which seats are available.  I don't expect to start an email conversation with someone, and I'm certainly not going to continue it.

There are larger changes one could propose and debate, but while that's going on, can't we just Fix The Label ?

jnovember
Level 6

Exactly @BillPersons     Thank you for saying it better than I did.

@BillPersons wrote:

Agreed

@jnovember wrote:

Thank you,  @jnovember

Agreed.  While I don't think this will eliminate ghosting, it is the simplest change imaginable, and that button has got to be the primary cause of ghosting.   Simply put, that button initiates contact with a pro - so, that's what it should say it does.   I just got tickets to a ball game - when i click to see which seats are available, i expect to see which seats are available.  I don't expect to start an email conversation with someone, and I'm certainly not going to continue it.

There are larger changes one could propose and debate, but while that's going on, can't we just Fix The Label ?