Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
jnovember
Level 6

3 years and STILL NOT FIXED!

Over the past 3+ years, I've reported this issue to Thumbtack through support, at person at Thumbtack events, and through my Success Manager.   Thumbtack, why still not fixed?

I have 138 reviews.  136 are 5-star, 2 are 4-star.   YET, Thumbtack continues to display a graph in my profile that says 3% of my reviews are 4-star.  The math is wrong and has been for 3 years!  And, as I continue to increase my 5-star reviews, the 4-star percentage should decrease, but never does.

I have requested this to either be fixed or discontinue displaying an inacurate graph in our profiles for 3+ years.   NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE!

Moderator Kameron

Re: 3 years and STILL NOT FIXED!

@jnovember I'm sorry to hear that this has been affecting your profile for such an extended period of time. I've just added this continued report of the issue to your account. Our teams are continuing to investigate this situation and should reach out to you via email once it's resolved.  

0 Kudos
jnovember
Level 6

Sorry, but "continuing to investigate" feels like lip-service when this issue has been reported every way possible and multiple times, but continues to be outstanding.   The graph is NOT necessary, especially if it is inaccurate.  Either fix it or remove it!  Or, remove it until fixed!   

Additionally the graph is pretty useless compared to what is available on Amazon.com review graphs.  On Amazon, you can click on the graph and filter directly to the star reviews you want.  So, if someone wants to see my 4-star reviews, they click on that line in the graphs and only those reviews are displayed. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@jnovember After some investigating, I have an answer as to why the percentage appears to be incorrect. Your profile has a count of 131 verified reviews and out of those reviews, there are (4) 4-star verified reviews. Only verified reviews are counted towards this percentage and when you run the calculations with your verified review count you end up with 3%.

0 Kudos
jnovember
Level 6

Sorry, but I believe I only have TWO 4-star reviews.  Please send me a PM showing me the four you are finding.    I appreciate you looking into this.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@jnovember happy to help, will do.

0 Kudos
jnovember
Level 6

@Kameron Thank you for the pm.   I am in error on this request.  I did not realize that I had four 4-star reviews.  I don't know how I missed 2 of them, as I watch for each review very closely.  My applogies you Thumbtack for my post!

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@jnovember no worries! Glad that we were able to clear that up, I apologize that it took this long. 

0 Kudos
jnovember
Level 6

Re: Thumbtack, Show us you really value your Pros!

So I authored this post 2 weeks ago!   Nothing changed.   No comments from the Thumbtack Moderator.   NOTHING!

@jnovember wrote:

Thumbtack repeatedly claims that they value us Pro's, but their actions demonstrate otherwise.   Thumbtack, PROVE that you care by fixing the following quickly!

Ghosting -- A recent post nailed the major cause, the "Check Availability" button.  A simple text change to make the button say "Contact this Pro" was suggested.  It is a good suggestion and one that is VERY simple for Thumbtack to make!  No logic changes to their platform.  Only a simple change to the text displayed on a button!   Could be done in a day, if Thumbtack cared about us Pro's!

Inaccurate Ratings Chart displayed in Profile --- I've been complaining about this for 2 years!  Either fix it or don't put it in our Profiles!!!   I have 134 Reviews, 132 are 5-star, 2 are 4-star.  Yet, the Ratings Chart says I have 97% 5-star and 3% 4-star.  I got those 2 4-star reviews 3 years ago, yet the percentages have not changed in all that time!   This would be fixed (or deleted), if Thumbtack cared about us Pro's!

Thank you,  @jnovember

Moderator Kameron

Re: Thumbtack, Show us you really value your Pros!

@jnovember apologies that we did not respond to you here in this thread directly. That was a miss on our part and I'll completely own up and take responsibility for that. Although we didn't engage with your feedback and post directly in this thread, we were involved in the discussion about reviews with you HERE. In that instance, your feedback was documented and passed on for review through our feedback systems.

In regards to ghosting, this is something that we're working to improve on and have happen less frequently. Take a look at our CEO's thoughts around this HERE. The "Check Availability" button when a customer clicks on it will then ask the pro to let the customer know when they are available or ask the pro to let the customer know if they are available on their project date. This is indeed something that we've heard some great feedback around and is also something that our teams are working on making more functional. Know that changes and improvements like this may be much more complicated than they seem and will take time, especially longer than a day.

0 Kudos