Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
BillPersons
Level 6

Re: Thumbtack, Show us you really value your Pros!

@Kameron 

The Check Availability button is mis-labeled, and is the cause - not the solution - to what we see as ghosting.   In almost any other system,  "Check availability" allows a customer to do just that:  typically bringing up a calendar with open/closed times, or perhaps being given a list of choices for booking.    The customer is still in the early research/decision process here.    They may not have even checked the rest of the profile, website etc, or even pricing.  And they probably don't expect a series of emails from pro's based on that click.

Our Check Availability button doesn't do that.  It starts a discussion with the pro - so that's what it should say it does.   That's actually a Lead, it has the extra value we talk about.  Not every customer will follow through and book, of course - we know that, it's part of being in business, just as not everyone that walks into a store makes a purchase.

It should be a simple change to just fix the label, so that it says what it does.    "Contact the pro for more information" or something similar.   We'll get fewer customers getting followup msgs they didn't want (see the "Block Pro" thread),  less ghosting, and less frustration among pros, and i'm sure a better ROI on our dollars spent.

As i've said before (possibly in this thread),  there are probably bigger, more systematic changes that could be made, (or maybe are already planned) - and that's great.    But in the meantime, this is low-hanging fruit - let's just fix it.

Bill

HansenJC
Level 10

@Kameron  I would much rather hear what you think on this matter o ghosting. What have you suggested as a solution?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
pgrether
Level 6

I actually have the same issue. I have been hired 132 times and still have a 4.9 star rating after 70-5 star reviews. 3 reviews I have are 4 star and 1 is a 3 star review. That 3 star reviewed occured 5 YEARS AGO! I put togetheran action and resolved that from ever happening again. I have been a top pro for the last 4 years! There is so musch that can be resolved!

HansenJC
Level 10

I actually think the "Check Availability" button should be changed to read: "Discuss My Schedule" Then the Job Poster should fill out a form to identify when they really want the work to happen. It could be pre-filled with the dates they listed when they posted the job. Or they might be allowed to edit their dates. And they should write a commentary if they choose to.

This entire topic should be about the Job Poster's schedule, not the Pro's avaiability. If we are avaiable, we respond (or decline).

They should also have choices to select if this inquiry is (_)"Just Looking" (_) "I am serious about these exact dates and will hire someone". If that turned out to be untruthful, TT should refund all Pros who responded. Ghosting should be explained to the Job Posters in serious terms.

Then the Pro should have the chance to be polite for FREE by saying they are not available on the dates requested. "Please contact me again if your requested dates change."

No, I may not have the perfect solution or even the best ideas on this, but I am offering my own reaction to this serious topic of ghosting. As few leads and jobs as I have had, ghosting has happend to me too.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections