results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Wreach
Level 6

Top pros

I am interested to know how many pros were top pros, before thumbtack started all these changes, but are not now...
Occupations (1)
145 responses
RCPS
Level 7

Re: Top pros

I'm still technically a Top Pro, but I see that going away simply because I'm no longer getting any hires.  It's disheartening that I've been hired 50+ times and with this new system, I'm getting views but NO leads.  My profile is 'Super Strong' according to their system, too.  As of today, I've had 244 views over the past four weeks, but no viable leads (I had one, but got it refunded - I have a separate thread about that).

At any rate, there's no way I'll be able to maintain Top Pro status after having it for three years in a row - without hires, I won't be able to meet their criteria.  Yet another repercussion of the new Promote system.  Sigh...

Highlighted
JoeB131
Level 7

I'm probably in the same boat as RCPS.  I will probably hit Top Pro Status for the last half of this year, but after that, I won't get enough replies/reviews to maintain it because I've gone from having 13 hires in January of this year down to 1 a month in November and December.  In the last six months I've only gotten three reviews.  That's how much the well has dried up. 

Wreach
Level 6

I was just curious. And I totally relate to what you are going thru!!
thumbnick
Level 5

I feel your frustration and I totally relate to what you are going thru!!

0 Kudos
DJDeanFTL
Level 4

Include me in the Top Pros that are no longer getting any leads.   All a client has to do is click on "When are you available?"  and POOF,  TT gets my money and I get squat now.  They took away my ability to actually WIN a j ob.   Now I am looking for new ways to generate leads because TT torpedoed us...BIG TIME.

Same with me; in the past 4 weeks, 438 views, 10 leads.  How is that even possible???  2% of the people who went on TT actually listed a job ???  That's absurd, it means people are viewing the pros and not listing jobs.

JoeB131
Level 7

After I shut off "Promoted", my views and leads have gone to nearly zero.  I have to assume that TT is making money off this system, but I can't see how any pros are.  

gguerr11
Level 6

@RCPS I agree that strange things are going on. TOP PRO means nothing anymore

I personally never really cared about TOP PRO status. I often see where when I would click on "SEE COMPETITION" button there would be several PROs that showed up. You have one PRO that has only like 10 or 11 reviews with a TOP PRO badge and then there are another couple PROs like myelf that have over 50 REVIEWS without the TOP PRO badge. 

You know as well as I do that if a consumer/homeowner is really serious and ready to HIRE a PRO, they either A) are not choosing which ones have a TOP PRO badge or B) they are going to click on the few that have most reviews............that is in most cases.

Thumbtack is certainly not going to change their new system though. You can tell how they are not even responding to the PROs that are complaining and telling them what is happening to their businesses since these business-killer changes.

I can tell you Ive got some leads that THERE IS NO DOUBTS they are fake. Im telling you FOR REAL.

JACKING UP PRICES 500% and then getting the $$$$$ UPFRONT. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE RED FLAG

I am hoping and praying that the CEO would be a man and host an online town hall. So sad how they turned their backs on thousands of PROs that helped them build their business out. So freaking sad. Best of luck to you though in the New Year

DMS1666
Level 5

OMG I never event Thought of that!!  The idea of FAKE customers.  UGH.

What do we do now?