results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Top pros

I too have a strong profile and considered a pro. I use to get a ton of leads every week and since the new updates I haven't seen a single job come through or a single lead. I use to get a ton of work from Thumbtack, now it's inexistent. 

bonnie_bill
Level 8

I just do not understand what TT is thinking. And I am directing this question to senior management, even Marco if he reads these.

Do they not care that their well established pros are not only failing with this model but are becoming indifferent and seeking other opportunities?

Are they doing so well as a company with this new business model that they are willing to sacrifice so many top pros?

Do they have too many pros so they need to consolidate the numbers? 

Are they alligning their business with their competitors businesses to make a consolidation (TT acquistion) of the lead generation industry easier in the future? 

Why do they not listen to what we are telling them?

I would like to know the answer to these questions.

Marcos just jump in here and tell us what you are thnking. We have a lot invested in working with TT and would like to get some direction. 

Hankster
Level 10

I was a Top Pro in 2018. I would think I would be a Top Pro in 2019 but that ain't gonna happen because of all the "lovely" changes TT is  ramming down our throats & we're supposed to like it. For those of you hoping that Marco should jump in on these forums to provide answers & listen to our concerns? It will never happen. TT listens to our concerns. Those concerns are supposedly passed on to the appropriate unnamed departments. They just dont care to hear us. How sad. Not sure what purpose these community forums serve. If you express yourself too rigidly your post gets edited or sanitized as I like to call it for violating the community guidelines. I was recently banned for 30 days for expressing myself truthfully the way that I should be allowed to. It's called freedom of speech! 

Moderator Kameron

@Hankster It's tough to hear that you don't feel that you or other pros are being heard. That is indeed one of the many reasons that this Community exists, is to hear from pros and gather their feedback. Each Q&A we've done so far has given each PM a lot of great information and ideas to work from along with the feedback that naturally occurs in these discussions. As we've mentioned before, any changes that may occur will take time. The sharing of frustrations and concerns is completely welcome, as long as those are within the Community Guidelines and kept professional. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Of course you are going to say that. Care to share those Q&A results with all of us here in these forums? Look we're not being heard OK? You all listen really good but you dont hear us! Huge difference! Period. The same exact complaints about the Promote product that were present before I was put in the 30 day virtual jail for violatiing the supposed community guidelines are still present after my time was served. I don't need the community guidelines link sent to me again got it? Thousands upon thousand of pros like me want to see change now! Not later or never! TT make changes that benefit TT. NOT THE SERVICE PRO. The same service pros by the way like me whos hard earned money heps keep TT in business. Otherwise TT would be another failed dot com company in the archives. Just once I'd like to have someone at TT acknowledge that. This tepid statement you made "As we've mentioned before, any changes that may occur will take time" doesn't drip with a whole lot of confidence in my eyes. May occur? How about need to occur? The same complaint about Thumbtack going on 10 years now is still present today. The lead doesn't provide their phone number & e-mail address at ANY point during the request. The cost of these leads has gone up tremendously! I've had moderate success on Thumbtack. I've had to pay for a lot of empty leads over the years just to get leads that choose my DJ service. Shouldn't be a cat & mouse game to get a leads phone number & e-mail address. If they reach out to me using  any one of the conversation starters then it should be MANDATORY (I'll say it again MANDATORY!) to also include a phone number & e-mail address. Otherwise to me this borders on fraud. TT CAN have the lead provide a phone number & e-mail address. It's just that TT WON'T. A comapny that won't do anything is one that I do not want working for or with me. I work too dog gone hard for my money just to give it away on empty & in some cases bogus leads.

DMS1666
Level 5

Maybe i'm missing something.  Can any PROs give me advice as to how to catch a live client quicker?

I wonder who the person is at TT that has to go through all those follow up emails we send to the 'supposed' leads we get.  I respond within minutes to a lead then again days later then again months later.  So is it somebody's job to sit there and just keep deleting all those emails???  Where do they go?  I don't think THAT many people that requested computer consulting 2 minutes ago logged off thier email never to open it again.  They would be getting a response from me within minutes of getting the request. 

@Hankster wrote:

Of course you are going to say that. Care to share those Q&A results with all of us here in these forums? Look we're not being heard OK? You all listen really good but you dont hear us! Huge difference! Period. The same exact complaints about the Promote product that were present before I was put in the 30 day virtual jail for violatiing the supposed community guidelines are still present after my time was served. I don't need the community guidelines link sent to me again got it? Thousands upon thousand of pros like me want to see change now! Not later or never! TT make changes that benefit TT. NOT THE SERVICE PRO. The same service pros by the way like me whos hard earned money heps keep TT in business. Otherwise TT would be another failed dot com company in the archives. Just once I'd like to have someone at TT acknowledge that. This tepid statement you made "As we've mentioned before, any changes that may occur will take time" doesn't drip with a whole lot of confidence in my eyes. May occur? How about need to occur? The same complaint about Thumbtack going on 10 years now is still present today. The lead doesn't provide their phone number & e-mail address at ANY point during the request. The cost of these leads has gone up tremendously! I've had moderate success on Thumbtack. I've had to pay for a lot of empty leads over the years just to get leads that choose my DJ service. Shouldn't be a cat & mouse game to get a leads phone number & e-mail address. If they reach out to me using  any one of the conversation starters then it should be MANDATORY (I'll say it again MANDATORY!) to also include a phone number & e-mail address. Otherwise to me this borders on fraud. TT CAN have the lead provide a phone number & e-mail address. It's just that TT WON'T. A comapny that won't do anything is one that I do not want working for or with me. I work too dog gone hard for my money just to give it away on empty & in some cases bogus leads.

Frustrated and losing money here....
0 Kudos
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

In my experience, the way you catch a client is 100% your profile, which is your first impression. Even more, your profile picture! Have you ever been a Thumbtack customer looking for a professional? I 100% recommend using Thumbtack for your next professional service needed, see what drew you to a certain pro and mimic that! 

I personally am drawn to someone, or a company, who looks professional, gives me the information I'm looking for but only the needed info, and a company who looks inviting and welcoming. 

I give all the necessary info and explain that the next step is setting up a no-obligation phone call for the rest. This is what works for me and my industry. I hope that helps!

Highlighted
Rochelle
Level 4

I was but not anymore. I virtually get no leads.

Top Pro getting no job referrals

@Kameron I am a top pro. My service is therapy. I receive 95% of my business through Thumbtack and 5% from referrals and Yelp.  

I am not receiving any referrals in my area. I am getting only remote referrals from across the country. I had to take promote off because Thumbtack just sends a price quote without allowing me to send a follow up letter.

I have checked all the boxes on my jobs and services, including advanced, so I can tell what is being sent out to others.

Since the recent changes,  I went from 8 to 10 referrals to 1. The last Thumbtack platform change is the worst. I keep complaining to support, and to anyone who will listen, with no improved results. I’ve filled out any survey Thumbtack posts.  I keep asking them to go back to the first format or at least the second.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to receive more referrals?

Moderator Kameron

Re: Top Pro getting no job referrals

@PositiveChoice let's see what we can do to get you more leads in your area. I just checked the travel settings in each of the 3 services that you offer to see that the remote option isn't selected. Did you possibly adjust those after posting this? If not and your still getting jobs sent to you from outside of the state please send me a direct message with a few of the most recent examples including the customer's name and we'll work to get things sorted out. 

0 Kudos