results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
TLC
Level 5

Re: Top pros

I used to make "Best of Thumbtack" . I have had no accolades since the implementation of the new program. I am a private tutor/learning coach. Abput a year ago, a teenage girl who dod not want tutoring recieved my services. As is my standard practice, I meet with the parent and the student post session to go over any feedback. While her mother and I were present, the family scheduled ongoing tutoring. After they left, the daughter obviously lied to her mother abouth theseeion, which resulted in my one ONLY ever one star review. I issued a full refund. I haveadressed the problem of statistical outliers with Thumbtack(to no avail). As with any data colection, the top and bottom should be dropped to ensure aproper mean(average) this is STANDARD procedure with the collection of statistics. I have to get 20 more 5 star reviews to undo this. Why a teenager should have so much control over my ranking is disturbing. Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to vent. Much appreciated. I feel for those of you who are not achieving status due to forces beyond your own control. I am quite frustrated withthe Top Pro status, as it holds a certain prestige in the search engine. 

mcb274
Level 5

100% right on those fake leads. I received two of them this past week.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mcb274 if you have leads that seem suspicious, we want to look into them. Go ahead and send me a private message with the names of these two customers and I'll dig into it. 

0 Kudos
mcb274
Level 5

Hi Meckell, appreciate that. How do I send a private messsge to you. I do not see that option.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mcb274 just go to my profile here. From there, you'll see the option to Direct message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LZDNVG
Level 7

Are you reaching out to Thumbtack and letting them know about fake leads? I have before and I've always been reimbursed. They care and want to know about fake leads and I've been told by them they do all they can to combat them.

catmaven
Level 6

I'm getting tired of these "fake leads" from TT. Why would a potential client think I as a petsitter/dog walker would travel DAILY to IN, MI, or WI, just to attend their pet? Either these leads are fake,or the persons needing services are all geographically challenged. What is the point of this, excpet to make me waste my time reading and deleting???

MR
Level 10

@catmaven  I don't think the pet owners are doing that. I think the system is deciding for them that you may be interested and are sending you the leads.

So, although a person initiated the transaction, in some ways, you are correct - they are indeed fake leads because a lead that you have 0 chance of trying to win their business is basically a fake lead for all intensive purposes.

The system is not working well for us pros. Plain and simple.

Lar
Level 9

If you ever wanted a clearer indication that Thumbtack's product team do not listen to the feedback that we send them then this particular gripe is it. How many times must Pros report this issue before someone on the product team takes notice? 

Who at Thumbtack thinks it's a wonderful idea to keep on sending jobs to Pros way outside their travel area. Do the product team enjoy knowing that Pros are wasting their time trawling through Jobs that they have ZERO interest in?

I dunno, here's a crazy suggestion, maybe have an option that let's the user define, 'Only send me additional Jobs that are within X miles of my location' - where X is a value that each Pro can specify.

I mean how difficult is to do that? 

Regards,
Laurence.

I don't receive any jobs now. Top pro to nothing. Maybe TT could just post jobs and we could go through them and send a quote. Regardless of the number of pros. List them by jobs and area. I can't go through a list of jobs if the tab is always empty. I check the jobs tab every hour. But nothing. I've been told there are a lot of pros in my field and I need to answer sooner. Answer what? I haven't received anything for my area/zip code in months. I've received a couple outside my area and I've responded but not in my area so they won't come since it is too far. I've talked and chatted with TT CS every couple of weeks. NOTHING.