Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
ChristopherW
Level 6

Re: Top pros

Navigating these forums I rarely see anyone that is happy with the changes.

DMS1666
Level 5

Never heard of the Trinkets!
0 Kudos
mcb274
Level 5

My first couple years with Thumbtack generated a lot of business for my trainers and myself. While, several clients I obtained from Thumbtack several years ago remain great clients of ours, Thumbtack has really gone downhill. It is ridiculous that I cannot customize a quote, it costs 3-4 times as much, and instead of 5 people responding, it is like the Wild Wild West with unlimited people quoting, of course I am sure I am competing with trainers who charge $20 a session, which you can’t make a living on unless they are part time and have another job. Thumbtack is not the only thing I use, but it is frustrating from getting 2-4 new clients a month and mostly good potential leads to nothing on here. I’ve seen one lead talk to 26 different pros! Insane...TT made a killing on that lead! In fact, I had two scammers this week show interest in me. Thankfully Thumbtack did refund my quotes. And a third person showing interest that was not in my travel range, and I still got charged. Sad to see how downhill this site went.
DMS1666
Level 5

How can you tell they are scammers?  

0 Kudos
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

I've been on Thumbtack since mid-2017 and I've been a Top Pro since the beginning of 2018. I just want to share my experience and clarify what I've noticed over this time. The last time Thumbtack made significant changes to the lead process (when they added instant match) it was the same reaction from pros, especially top pros. Everyone was freaking out and a lot of top pros were claiming they no longer got leads and or paying customers, or at least less than they were before instant match. I also noticed the same for myself during that time BUT... if you stick it out it, do your research, and change up your profile for the new system, it will come back around. It came back around, and even better, for me.

I know it's stressful and it's REALLY easy to freak out, because this is our livelihood. I saw a lot of the top pros who stuck it out the last time have continued to be successful, probably even more so now, including myself. My experience overall with Thumbtack has been STELLAR and all of my interactions with their team have been exceptional except for maybe one. I believe Thumbtack REALLY DOES care about the Top Pros as much as the customers... and we have to remember that they have to cater to both, which is DEFINITELY not easy. My original plan was to have Thumbtack just help me with lead generation while I was growing but Thumbtack is so valuable for me I would never stop it and now I'm continually on "promote". I've tried a bunch of other companies that make very large claims and to me Thumbtack is HANDS DOWN the best for both customers and pros and on top of that, my leads are always quality and considering my average client is paying me 4 figures and I pay $6-10 for their lead??? It's the biggest no brainer of all time, for me at least!

Is everything about Thumbtack perfect? Of course not. What matters to me is that they really do care and they listen. They listen to not only the pros but the customers and without BOTH this whole system doesn't work. Also, keep in mind that your leads on Thumbtack are always in line with the market. What I mean by that is whenever my leads are low on Thumbtack, I notice my leads from everywhere else are about the same ratio (down the same or a similar percentage). Like any market, it goes up and down. 

But stick it out... I don't think you'll regret it. 

Moderator Meckell

@LZDNVG Congrats on making it to Top Pro, such an accomplishment! We really do care about our pros and I'm happy to hear that you recognize that. Thanks for sticking with us and for providing an awesome service to your customers. Keep doing what you're doing Smiley Happy 

TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

@Meckell Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hankster
Level 10

@LZDNVGAre you using Promote? Your post didn't mention that. Just curious.

0 Kudos
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

@Hankster Yes, I do and I did mention that I'm continually on "Promote".

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@LZDNVGI missed that. I see that you did mention Promote. My apology. So you only pay $6-10 for a lead using Promote? Really? I'm a DJ Service Pro & leads cost triple, quadruple or even more per lead.