Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Top pros

@Hankster 

I agree. Our DJ leads are 3x-4x more than other job category leads. Still trying to figure out why.

0 Kudos
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

@Hankster

I know it varies by location and industry and it varies for me too. It used to be $15-30 for instant match and with the 20% off per lead from using promote it’s been $6-10 once promoted officially started. Not sure if it will go up once more pros are on there.
0 Kudos

@Wreach  I think the "kudos"  says it all. WE areALL loosing top pro status. 

Wreach
Level 6

It is so disappointing to me. I have tried and tried to make TT work for my business. I have found such great customers in the past which have led to a great word of mouth system. ( which I totally prefer) but thumbtack used to be a great tool to fill in days I had no jobs. Now I pay 4 times the amount of money for a customer to ask me what my availability is!!
bonnie_bill
Level 8

@Wreach, @PositiveChoice ,   It used to concern us until we realized Top Pro did not do anything for us other than give us a title.  Even though we felt it was prestigious truly there was no more business associated with it. There was no discounted pricing due to achieving it. No more leads. Just a carrot to make us keep reaching for it again and again. Once we got over losing it, we no longer cared and put it into perspective. I would much rather have good reviews now than any top pro status (and the quota that accompanies it).

Wreach
Level 6

@bonnie_bill agree, but as I understand it, top pros are listed first if you do not have promote on. You are absolutely correct we get nothing for reaching this achievement, which I believe is sad. I know the badge should up on my profile when customers were looking. I guess I was asking because TT makes such a fuss for pros to achieve this status, but they are not concerned about pros that have held this status, and no longer have it.

@bonnie_bill @Wreach @Meckell 

Top pro means a lot to me and to my clients. The link is on my website and gives perspective clients another level of comfort that I know what I am doing.

Yes, I am promoting.

Again, the big issue here is I am not getting any leads for my direct area. All this complaining from the other Pros is an indicator that there is something wrong here.  

bonnie_bill
Level 8

@PositiveChoice @Wreach ,

Of course Top Pro is important !!! That is why we strive to earn it. It shows you are in the top 4 % of all TT Pros. I was being a little sarchastic. We were a Top Pro and suddenly we were no longer getting the leads to convert to business to continue to achieve and retain the status. So does TT control who gets to keep it? Or is it something we can all earn?  If it is out of our control because we can not control the lead process required to achieve it, we have no interest in trying to get it and we make it up in other ways. We never put it on our website because we could see the requirements (quota) were renewed annually or even every six months. We did not want that requirement constantly stairing us in the face every day just TO KEEP WHAT WE HAD EARNED. Therefore we rationalized it when the leads dropped off. So I guess the moral to the story is you are not alone. We, that have achieved it,  have all faced getting it and potentially losing it every renewal period. And it really sux when you have it and lose it. So what is it really worth to you if you can not control your ability to keep it?  

Highlighted
cwoodsphoto
Level 5

So frustrated

I’m beyond frustrated with Thumbtack. I went from getting hired 4-6 times a month with top pro status every year to NOTHING. The day they changed the way people hire you is the day I lost a good 10,000 plus a year and top pro. I used to get a alert, I sent a quote, I got the job 4 out of 5 times. Huge success rate. Got new clients, etc.. Then all of the sudden clients find you? I did what I needed to do. And nobody is contacting me! Top pro, excellent reviews. I pay a crap load for a quote someone requests and it’s the wrong quote because Thumbtacks automatic quoting system doesn’t figure it correctly. So I lose the deal and pay a ton. I have gotten two requests in the last 6 or 7 months which fell thru vs 4-6 hires a month for 3 years straight. I’m so upset about it and I get no help from Thumbtack at all. Bring back the way it was!!! Why change something that was working so good. What the heck am I missing from this? It went to hell over night for me?
Moderator Kameron

Re: So frustrated

@cwoodsphoto this is really tough to hear, but I want you to know that Thumbtack cares and I want to do all that I can to help you see that same success on the new system. I took a look over your profile and it's top notch! The main thing I noticed is that jobs are slow in your area and category in the last 3 months, likely due to seasonality. Have you noticed a slow in your work around this time of year before?

Would you be willing to expand on where you mentioned getting contacts that were wrong? What about the contacts that you've been receiving don't match up for you? 

0 Kudos