Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Wreach
Level 6

Re: Top pros

@catmaven, yes I am a pet sitter too. Thank you! She is rotten!
0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Hi, Wreach!

Are you with any pro PS chat groups? Pet Sittters International, perhaps? Care to network? My specialty is cats and my niche is cat massage, as you can tell by my ID "handle". Hope you had a profitable Spring Break!

Wreach
Level 6

@catmaven no I do not belong to any chat groups, could you give me some links, that would be awesome! Thanks!
0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Try Petsittersforum--dog folks there are quite opinionated. I'm also in a chat group devoted to cats, and Petsitters International (my umbrella education group) has one. Or just go to Facebook and look up groups. You have to apply, but if you're a pro and tell the moderator about your qualifications and experience, you will be accepted. If you do any cat behaviorist work, I also have a link for that. Know nothing about Twitter and Instagram.

Can't give you any links per se as it's difficult enough keeping track of a community conversation I'm on. 

Have fun!

Wreach
Level 6

@catmaven, thank you! I will do that! Have a great day!
0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Hi, Reach! See you in the pro PS chatrooms. Wish I knew if you were local--am looking for someone to handle insulin shots and the client lives too far away from me.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Top pro in 2018 & 2019. Probably won't be one n 2020. I don't use Promote. Will never use Promote. Sorry. Saving 20% on overpriced leads who aren't required to provide their phone number and e-mail address doesn't cut it for me. I use manual quoting & have been hired only 3 times this year. Although that option is no longer a valid option it appears since they took away the viewed option in February. Not sure what Brainiac at Thumbtack thought that would be a brilliant idea. Who knows if the quotes I have submitted even get sent to the lead? More times than not my quoted price is lower than the service pros who use Promote that the lead has contacted. You would think that would generate some interest. Nope. You watch. The next update they have manual quoting will no longer be an option. I've been a member of TT for 10 years now. I've made countless suggestions during that time. One of my recent suggestion back on December which was assigned a case number (5443700) was the lame gray graph they have in the View competition link where you can see who's charging the highest price & down to the lowest except you have no clue what the dollar amount range is that they base that stupid graph on. Heck the lowest price service pro has no graph line at all. What's that all about? Anyway, I suggested they have an actual money bar graph starting at $50 on up to let’s say $1000. I've followed up to see where the progress of my suggestion is twice. Get the same response back each time that "We're currently updating our platform as for this moment. Rest assured your suggestion has been forwarded to our product team". Blah....blah....blah. My last follow up in March I was told that my case was closed & “we have our dedicated team who process this, and we cannot do anything about how they process your feedback". How reassuring......NOT! That 'dedicated team' must be offshore contractors.

bonnie_bill
Level 8

@HanksterIt is simply saddening to see what has happened to what was once a great service. It will be interesting to see if they remove this reply too?

TSCreative
Level 5

Re: Top pros scam

I too am in the same boat. I see that I get over 1000 views but no leads. If I get a post or message that a job is available, even if I answer immediately, the job is already gone.

Hankster
Level 10

Re: Top pros scam

Of course, we don't know if the customer viewed the quote since that change was made in February. Heck we don't even know if the lead hired another TT service pro. I haven't received notification that a lead has hired a different TT service pro since January. So, either TT has decided we should not be seeing that feature anymore or these leads are truly not using a TT service pro for their job, event, etc. Which is not good because the leads would be/are using TT as a ‘tire kicking’ service only. Good for TT because they make big money off of these ‘tire kickers’ when they use any of the conversation starter questions. Bad for us the service pro because it’s our money that gets spent on those types of leads. And of course, as we all know we don’t get a leads phone number or e-mail address after we get charged. Who knows if the manual quotes that I’ve sent of late are actually being sent? My quoted price is more times then not better then the service pros who use Promote! I haven't received a response to a manual quote I sent in well over 2 months now. What changes are going on behind the scenes now? Man, oh man what the heck has happened to TT!