Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Top pros

@SeekinsContract it's because of the new system that profiles are more important than ever. Pros that were winning before by writing well thought out quotes will indeed need to adjust and shift that focus towards their profile through their introduction, pricing, Q&A section, photos, reviews, and response when a customer contacts them. When we offer to help it's genuine and we really do want to see what more can be done. Many times there's some way that the pro can improve, and if not we can at least let them know that things in their area are slow at the moment/really competitive, along with taking any feedback about how we can improve. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Kameron 

Forgive me for saying this as it may be a repeated comment of mine from the other day, but when a customer sends a conversation starter "what's your estimate?" and my prices are in my profile, this proves that they didn't read my profile.  Why can't Thumbtack have customers just send a personable message, instead of conversation starter so we as Pros know that they are really interested in us? Conversation starters are useless in my opinion.

Your comment that you will let us know that things are slow---In my business, things are always busy, customers need entertainment.

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie I know that you've experienced some frustration with the conversation starters, and it's feedback that's been shared with our product teams. We can't guarantee that customers will read your pricing but it's at least good to put for most of them to see. It's possible that they may be interested enough and have additional questions about what goes into the price or feel that they have something they need that you haven't mentioned and wonder what the additional cost may be to provide it. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Kameron 

This is where I disagree with Promote. Customers that are asking for my prices, and I see that the prices are towards the beginning of my profile, proves to me that they aren't reading my profile in detail, which contradicts those at Thumbtack who said for me to put pricing and going in depth with my profile.  And yes, it's frustrating, actually more than frustrating.

Hankster
Level 9

This is THE ONLY conversation starter question in my opinion that is needed. Period.

“I read your profile & your reviews. I really like what I’ve read. Your reviews are awesome! I would love to speak to you further about my event. Please call me at (insert phone number here) or e-mail me at (insert e-mail address here). Thank you”.

I made this suggestion months ago!

C'mon pros! Kudo this if you agree with me!

DJStevie
Level 11

@Hankster 

Got my Kudo!!!

0 Kudos

The "slow in your area" response is also over played, and always follows the "profile needs improvement" comment. Again, that's like saying it's a coincidence that it suddenly has dried up in all the places top pros work.....so if that's the problem, then my response to you would be "apparently the new system isn't working" because after fixing our profiles, and doing all we can, customers are simply not using the service anymore. So basically, pros are leaving, customers are leaving, looks like the system isn't working...... The economy is BOOMING right now, and has been for almost 2 years steady. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but as I mentioned, the new system isn't working. I fully understand that TT will not make any changes based on the pros ideas and concerns, and am ok with that. I run my business the way I choose, so can you. Our comments are just a simple attempt to communicate our side of the changes/problems as any partner in a business relationship would be expected to relay, and in the end, both sides will do what they think is best for the survival of their own businesses. I have used TT for a few years, was a top pro for two of those years, and like others, lost it through the changes. In my opinion, that isn't hurting only the pros, you will be affected as well because you have shrunk the number of "top pros" available to the clients looking for a pro.
Moderator Kameron

@SeekinnsContract It really is tough for me to hear that you haven't felt the changes are of benefit to you. While the adjustment to the changes have been tough for some, we're seeing overall that it's working for the majority of customers and pros, and creating an even healthier marketplace than before. This previous post of mine in a similar thread might be helpful to read: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Get-hired/Bring-the-old-system-back/m-p/18700/highlight/true#M460....

0 Kudos

So your saying outright, that this is our own fault (pros)? Has nothing to do with the changes? I'm not successful here anymore because of something I did? Basically, I say it's the changes TT made, your saying it's on my end......that makes it quite simple for me to see that TT is simply not going to work for my business. That's at least a direct answer, rather than the run around about the profiles, slow in your area, etc and makes it easier for me to make the full move in another direction, rather than wasting anymore time/money here trying to figure out how to make the new system work as well as it did prior to the changes. Good luck, hope you have a prosperous New year.
Hankster
Level 9

Care to show us those statistics @Kameron? I for one don't believe it!