Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Thumbtack Employee LydiaH
Thumbtack Employee

Video Contest: winner announced!

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey everyone! One of our resolutions for 2019 is to help customers find their people. This means connecting them with great pros like you.

Of course, behind every happy customer is, hopefully, a happy pro. We want our pros to experience the magic of a great match, and the possibility of a long and fruitful relationship with a customer they love.

When has Thumbtack given you a great match? Reply to this post with a selfie-style video telling the story of your favorite customer you found through Thumbtack! Be sure to tell us about the project and what made your partnership so great. (Just leave out the personal information, like pictures, last names, or addresses).

Our team will listen to your stories, watch your videos, and select our favorite to win $500 in Thumbtack credit! Even if yours isn’t the one selected, look out for your video and business featured across our social channels, or in an upcoming email to the Community.

Here are some guidelines for how to make a great video:

• Keep your video short - less than 2 minutes
  • Hold the camera in your hand, about 2 feet away from your face
  • Make sure light is coming from in front of you and shining on your face, rather than from behind or beside you
  • Film in front of a neutral background
  • Film horizontally

Instructions for how to upload a video to this thread:

• Post your video to Youtube and copy the URL of the posted video
  • Click “Reply” below on this thread
  • Click the “video” button above the text box as you type your response and paste in the URL of your video

TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
CLGPatrick
Level 7

Re: Chance to win $500: Video Contest

Solved! Jump to solution

Patrick Skinner of CLG Photography

My Favorite Thumbtack Customer!

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography

View solution in original post

Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone! Thank you so much to all pros who participated in our video contest. We had lots of great submissions and it was tough to choose just one. I love hearing so many stories of great pros connecting with the right customers. Feel free to share more stories and keep the conversation going!

Congratulations to our winner, @CLGPatrick! We loved your story about your first Thumbtack customer, and how you've been a part of so many of their major life events. It's inspiring to see how you've been able to build relationships with your clients and build your photography business! You'll see the credits appear in your account soon.

Thanks again to everyone for participating! We'll have more competitions in the future, so if you didn't win this time, don't worry! Stay tuned for another opportunity.

44 responses
mjgabel
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Our story... 

We are very proud of the work we do for people. This is our story. 

MJ Gabel - Advisors & Trustees of Fine Jewelry
13 South Ave.
Webster, NY 14580
www.mjgabel.com
K-9
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey Matt, 

Who did that very nice piece for you? I'd love to know. Good Job Well Done ! 

mjgabel
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

We had company come in and help us tell our story. The Company is Grim Digital Media. GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE. 

https://grimdigitalmedia.com/portLanding.html

MJ Gabel - Advisors & Trustees of Fine Jewelry
13 South Ave.
Webster, NY 14580
www.mjgabel.com
MaggieWagner
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi how can I post a video
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@MaggieWagner You may not be able to upload a photo or video from directly from your phone. To do this you'll need to post the video to Youtube and then use the link in your post here. 

• Click the “video” button above the text box as you type your response and paste in the URL of your video
0 Kudos
A-to-Z
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I don't wish to post a video. I do have an interesting story. A client whom had many small tasks asked if I had any idea how to find handles for a wall oven with parts no longer available. After examining the existing broken handles, I offered that I would try to find a parts source or someone whom could carve new handles out of wood, the existing broken set being hollow plastic.
After reasonable searching I decided to make the handles myself, but I needed a non standard dimension of wood, something eye pleasing. I found a suitable section of African Paduk wood, an unusual orange colored wood. From that section I was able to mill two carving blanks from which I carved a pair of replacement handles. I then sprayed on a heat resistant clear coating good up to 2,000F.
The handles are now installed and have become the centerpiece of discussion of my clients kitchen. The cost was 20% less than what factory replacement parts would have cost were they available. A pic of the installation is available but non means provided here to upload it.
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing @A-to-Z! I love hearing your success story - sounds like you had a creative solution that saved your customer a lot of money! In order to be eligible to win the contest, we do need you to post a selfie-style video telling your story. It only takes a few minutes! I'm pasting the guidelines and instructions below in case you're interested.

Here are some guidelines for how to make a great video:

• Keep your video short - less than 2 minutes
  • Hold the camera in your hand, about 2 feet away from your face
  • Make sure light is coming from in front of you and shining on your face, rather than from behind or beside you
  • Film in front of a neutral background
  • Film horizontally

Regardless, thanks for sharing your amazing story!

CLGPatrick
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Patrick Skinner of CLG Photography

My Favorite Thumbtack Customer!

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography

Highlighted
VelvetO
Level 6