Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
17 responses

Re: Welcome to our newest users! (2/4)

Hey lydia we joined a year ago. Fyi we arnt new to thumbtack
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee LydiaH
Thumbtack Employee

Hi @Calcuttadesigns just to clarify, we're tagging you because you just joined the Online Community. We realize you're not necessarily new to Thumbtack! Thank you for joining!

Fitdawg1968
Level 5

I am far from new, maybe to the community thread but I am a four time Top pro... I have had extensive discussions with Thumbtack and have watched it grow and stumble and try to improve its app...
marydemartin
Level 5

I have been using thumbtack for close to 4 years or so. I started my business in 1988. Yes before all technology but I expanded services in time from housecleaning to care to model home walk through quality control..cleaning..staging..vacancy..to help with rentals knowledge of punch sheets..move in to move out..new homes..to residential with many needs thus my name changed with time to home services. I tried the internet..other pro web sites to help grow my business..nothing has come close to thumbtack. I am so very thankful we have connected it's kept this small business going..now serving the greater Sacramento area for over 30 years.
TXArchitect
Level 5

Thank you @LydiaH 

Kent Brittain, AIA, LEED GA
0 Kudos
nimblejack99
Level 5

Hey how does this service work. Do I pay to make a quote or pay if I win the business or pay if customer contacts me.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@nimblejack99 Thumbtack is here to help you make that first connection with a possible customer. They'll be able to find you through the filters they set for the work they need in the search results. When you pay will depend on how you use your account. If you promote your business you'll get a boost in rank in the results and a 20% discount, and the charge will be immediate when someone reaches out to you. If you're not promoting, you'll be able to choose if the lead is a good fit for you and accept the charge that comes with it. You can also express interest in jobs where a pro has already been contacted through the Jobs tab and will only pay if the customer replies. To learn more about how Thumbtack works be sure to check out our Help Center. I'll also be here in the Community if you have any other questions Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

You pay for the leads (or contacts). Here's more info: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/how-thumbtack-works

0 Kudos
Lotsobirdies
Level 5

Thank you Lydia, happy to be here and growing the game of golf in North Carolina! I love my job and seeing my students grow is the best!

0 Kudos