results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Serge
Level 6

What CRM d you use?

What dem programs does everyone use for managing their clients? Pros and cons?
Occupations (2)
States
9 responses
taskeasy
Level 4

Re: What CRM d you use?

I use Salesforce. It is a great platform but the learning curve is really high. 

confidentmac
Level 6

I used Desk.com for the last couple years and HubSpot CRM for nearly a year. I'm currently migrating to Salesforce Essentials. I've gotten better acquainted with Salesforce over the last few years through nonprofit gigs and appreciate the possibilities of customization. I agree the learning curve is steeper but I think it's worthwhile.

Happy to share more insights and/or help others make a decision. One of my key deciding factors was that I don't use Gmail and am not willing to adopt a platform that runs as a Gmail add-on.

We use MyTime incredibly robust. 

0 Kudos
BillPersons
Level 6

I use Tave for customer contact info,  automated workflow, contracts, invoicing and client payments.   I don't know if it fits the definition of a CRM (it's more about the workflow once you have a lead), but close enough Smiley Happy     It's used by a number of photographers, and the language and default templates are definitely from that world, but nothing in the design precludes it from being a good tool in other businesses.   17 Hats was what I used in the recent past, and if one wanted a lighter weight solution that's a god choice.

TackMaster LVphotog
TackMaster

I use a combo of Shootproof and Square Payments/Appointments. Have you tried these? I’ll check out Tave! I felt like 17 hats or HoneyBook was too complicated/pricey for my needs considering what I get out of the two that I use already.
BillPersons
Level 6

@LVphotog,  if 17 Hats was more than you needed, I suspect Tave will be too - but it's worth checking out    I've used Shootproof and Square (not for appointments, though), though that was earlier, before Shootproof added some of their recent management features.   

I do think committing to a process and system is where the benefit comes from,  more so than *which* specific system one picks Smiley Happy

B

TackMaster LVphotog
TackMaster

Hi! Thank you...I looked into Tave and HoneyBook some more. I feel like with only one employee (myself), that those two along with Tave would be better suited for those who have an assistant or other employees. At this point with Shootproof and Square now having Appointments connected to invoicing (and it sends automated emails), it is more than sufficient to run my photography business, plus its much cheaper at 2% Fee and only $20 for Shootproof. If you have multiple employees or someone assisting with your workflow I would definitely look into Tave or HoneyBook.- especially if you need to add in additional things to your workflow. If Honeybook or Tave integrates Shootproof and Square Payments, I would be sold!
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

I love all of these suggestions! I use Filemaker and, like Salesforce, it is a little more involved - but it has been worth it for me. I have been able to customize to a very detailed level for my business (I make cakes) - from inventory, to reminders for repeat clients on anniversaries and birthdays, to cost of goods sold. It's been really great. 

Best of luck to you! I think a CRM is one of the most crucial steps in growing your business!

danchanmagic
Level 1

It would be nice if Thumbtack made a simple CRM for us. That would be a valuable service justifying the cost of all our bid. It would get me to bid more and use the platform more.