Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
MR
Community Veteran

What is being done to increase lead volume ?

For many of us, lead volumes have dropped off to near zero in some cases but pretty much all agree have decreased at least to some degree. We see this in the fact that the number of listing views has decreased overall in the categories so I am not talking about number of actual leads to a pro.

For example I have 1576 views in my category in the last 4 weeks. I get at least twice that number of impressions on my google ad every day and have had 69 thousand impressions on my ad in the same period which is similar to list views in TT. So people are Not going to thumbtack to search anywhere near the volume they used to.

Wondering what marketing changes or additions TT is doing to restore a volume that will bring better activity to pros. Also there is a lot of focus in atlanta which is disappointing because so many areas are left out of TTS focus. For example, I have yet to see an ad for TT here in the Chicago area nor a mention that something would be tested here. I will say that TTS competition does market here aggressively and are much more recognized in this area than TT is.
So is TT shrinking to a more regional focus as it certainly appears or is there still hope for us not in the TT favored regions?

Occupations (1)
10 responses
BITB
Community Regular

Re: What is being done to increase lead volume ?

@MR Great question! I was just doing a quick search to see if there was a discussion around Thumbtack’s Regional Marketing Strategy and I was led to this question. Did you ever receive a reply? I’m very curious to understand what the advertising and marketing plans are for 2020. Can you let me know if you heard anything back? Thanks! Leah - Back in the Box
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@BTIB hopefully I can help steer you in the right direction. We recently had a year-end townhall with our CEO where he touches on our marketing strategy a little bit. You can take a look here: 2019 Year-End Pro Town Hall with Marco.

BITB
Community Regular

@Kameron - thanks I went ahead and listened to it and...there was little specificity on a plan. He basically said ‘more to come’ - and that at some point it will show up on Hulu... Is there a Town Hall scheduled quarterly? Has a complete marketing plan been launched internally?

It sounds like there are a lot of initiatives that are more inward focused (tool development, CRM integrations, calendar development, etc) - I didn’t hear much about how Thumbtack will stay top-of-mind in the marketplace (which, of course, is critically important).

On what mediums and in what regions is Thumbtack focused?

This is really important as we allocate our finite marketing dollars! Appreciate any further insight.
lmheim
Active Community Member

@BITB You asked excellent questions.  I would also like to know the answers, but am not optimistic there are any.

PhoenixPhotog
Active Community Member

I've asked specifically what the marketing plan is to the general public.

I haven't seen a TT ad in metro Phoenix, AZ in several years.

Angie's list and Home Advisor are hitting it hard here. Where's TT?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

All great questions @BITB. We think about driving customer demand in several ways: first, continuing to improve our customer experience so that when a customer comes to Thumbtack looking for a pro, they find the perfect match to get their job done well every time. This means they're more likely to come back and use Thumbtack for their next project, and the next, and to tell their friends and family to do the same. We'll also continue to invest in digital marketing as well as expanding our traditional media presence.

BITB
Community Regular

- Certainly that’s what you would do once they get to Thumbtack. What I am asking more specifically is - what methods are being used, and in what markets, to drive prospective users TO Thumbtack in the first place - and is it currently being done?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@BITB The short answer is that we aren’t able to get into specifics on our marketing strategy, but here’s what we can share. I know this may not be fully satisfactory but I hope you can appreciate why we’re limited on this subject:
We spend an immense amount of time and resources to drive customers to the Thumbtack platform. Our team is always working on ways to get more people to discover Thumbtack, use it, love it, and recommend it to their friends and families. However, just like we’re sure you have marketing strategies that you wouldn’t want to broadcast widely (that’s how you keep your edge!), we can’t share the nuts and bolts of our marketing strategy. We can tell you that at a high level it involves both digital and traditional advertising channels as well as brand partnerships. We pursue a national strategy while also seeking local marketing opportunities whenever possible.

PhoenixPhotog
Active Community Member

'brand partnerships'?

Please explain!

0 Kudos