Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

What price does the customer see?

On more than one occasion I have received Leads where the customers apparently did not know the price. They asked me the price in a message. One customer ghosted me, and the most recent customer entered into a dialog about the job, but they asked twice about the cost. I asked this customer what price Thumbtack had showed them and they told me two prices. One price was about 50% of the price I thought she had seen. Why would she contact me and wish to hear from me if she did not know the price I was going to charge? I have only one price for that particular size job.

What price does Thumbtack show them that would leave any doubt in their minds? When Thumbtack shows me the Lead, I only see the one price that I would charge for that size job. MY PRICE. Didn't Thumbtack show that price to the customer?

The Pros still need a way to test the Thumbtack system so that we know what the customers see.

And, which Thumbtack prompt was pressed that generated the first message: “The Customer wants to hear from you." Did they actually press any prompt? I have never seen a prompt that says: "I want to hear from John"

My decision whether to accept a lead or not is based on which prompt the customer has chosen. Messages that do not correlate with a known prompt are unreliable indicators that a customer is engaged.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States