results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
HansenJC
Level 10

Where in the TT Community is the ideal place for suggestions?

I spend time at the Water Cooler and there are a wide range of topics discussed. We are now being asked to resubmit our suggestions.

Is the Water Cooler the right place for Suggestions?

"For New Pros" and "Using Thumbtack" are not the right places for the many suggestions that we have.

My Suggestion is that the TT Community should have a top level "Box" for  suggestions where only suggestions are offered and discussed. And things that are off-topic are moved out to other areas. Let's call it "My Suggestions".

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Where in the TT Community is the ideal place for suggestions?

Thanks for starting this conversation @HansenJC. A lot of conversations in the Community involve suggestions. There are many boards for those suggestions, it all depends on what it's about. There are a variety of sub-boards under the Using Thumbtack section and all are great places to leave your feedback. For example: if your feedback is regarding how much you're charged, the Pricing Payments and Refunds board will be a perfect place for that. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell  Navigating the TT community is the issue. I find the hierarchical structure of the TT Community so lacking that it is a challenge to know that our suggestions are seen by the right team.

Please work on the organizational structure of the Community. Especially the Using Thumbtack. I am currently looking for how and where we can offer suggestions for improvements to the way Job Posters are introduced to the TT program. The Pros should have a place to offer suggestion about things TT does for the Job Poster in addition to how we do what we do. But right now I cannot find good places to offer suggestions related to the funtionality for Job Posters. It seems that TT thinks our focus is on how to "use" TT.

We want to impact the design of TT by offering suggestions rather than re-writing the operating manual for Pros and Job Posters.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC If it's regarding the customer experience, The water cooler would be the best place for something like that. If it's regarding how to reach more customers, it should go in the Find more jobs board. Be sure to check out Jason's post here with a breakdown of our boards and where certain conversation topics are the best fit. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell  I just do not think the water cooler should be the place to talk seriously about how TT deals with the job Posters.

Now would be a good time to add a sections to the TT community titled "The Job Poster's Experience."

And if you missed it in "Finding More Jobs" where Kameron moved this suggestion... you will see how this is not about my search for jobs, but TT's interaction with the job Posters.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell@KameronPlease discuss this between the two of you. @Meckell said that this suggestion should be posted to the Water Cooler.  Now @Kameron has move the original version to the "Finding More Jobs" How are we to ever guess where the best place is when the two of you cannot agree where it belongs?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC based on your original rough description of the suggestion you wanted to make, Meckell thought that it may apply best to The water cooler, and included that the Find more jobs section could also apply. After actually having a chance to read the post in depth we both agreed that it best fit in the “Find more jobs” board. Hope that helps provide some context.

DJStevie
Level 12

@HansenJC 

John, thanks for this post!!! I agree! With the latest thread being posted of having us give suggestions again, I also feel that there should be a place for all suggestions to be heard. And possibly have a rep monitor the suggestions and keep us posted.  I don't know if the Water Cooler is the right place for Suggestions, but perhaps someplace else, and not moving it around to different threads.

Your idea for a "Box" sounds great. I second that idea along with the suggestions in your post!

DJ Stevie 5-17-2019

0 Kudos