results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
MMM_Memories
Level 6

Why Badges when you have Credits?!!

I can’t for the life of me, understand the badges. Why??? It’s so annoying. Especially since when you finish a post about TT, its never exactly celebratory! If TT does it job well, the most it can expect is no feedback, that is a sign of a service that meets expectation. Exceeding expectation hardly ever comes to play., and certainly ways to go here. 
Now, if we could convert the useless things for TT credit, that’ll be something. When you test products or ask for feedback you must offer actual incentive and/or rewards for time and effort spent. There are pros here who spend so much time writing feedback and also helping other pros. Something that would not be necessary if TT was not so complex, flawed and so shifty with their rollout of change. The fact that Pros take time out of running a business to do this is beyond amazing. TT though, simply has to look at what a pros /hour rates are. To me this is an unmerited benevolence to TT from the active pros here.
Having been active on the forum for so little time, I’m already done. I find the issues raised to be nuanced and detailed, while responses from TT hardly so. In my humble opinion, they are so feebly lobbed over that it’s not worth the effort to engage any further.
TT may want to look into rewarding their pros if it expects any feedback on the forums and certainly if it uses it in anyway in decision making.
We already know that you’re counting ALL the numbers and keeping track of who said what. Just put it to some actual use.
To all the TT Pros who are active here, a big thank you!
To the TT moderators, I would love to review your good work but I don’t see where I can do that.
To TT, here is a way to show Pros how valuable feedback actually is.

6 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Why Badges when you have Credits?!!

@MMM_Memories the badges that pros may get are to acknowledge and celebrate your level of contribution and interaction here in the Community. The main reason why we don't offer credit for badges is that we want the posts to be authentic, pros should post because they truly want to and not because they want to earn credit toward their account. Ultimately this is a completely voluntary extension of Thumbtack and pros can post as they choose. I will agree that anyone who is running their own business will have a very full day and little spare time. This is one of the many reasons why we are happy to see that a decent number of pros take the time to share their stories, feedback, questions with us and each other here in the Community.

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 6

This Posted has been Edited. I think the original content and response deserved its own post and have edited this one to remove duplication. @Kameron  Please feel free to move your comment to the new post. Thanks.

Well, that is a foreseeable a natural and ethical conclusion. 
It maybe worth a look into letting Pros know how these forums and the inputs from Pros are being used. For example, maybe explain what happens to feedback when its passed on... who sees it? (Design teams, Product managers...), What happens then, What is the content that is passed on, do you or other moderators edit the content before it is passed on(the content here is already screened here to remain 'constructive and kind')
I understand a lot of the posts here are questions that can answered by TT moderators. But this is not a 'Q&A Lounge' So its a fair question to ask about what the other ones. Where do the issues raised here, go. While this does not have to be a case by case basis, explaining the process would certainly help Pros feel like their feedback is seen by someone, anyone, other than the moderators at TT.

That said, I've spent far too much time (= $$) here. Goodday!

Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

@Kameron  "Ultimately this is a completely voluntary extension of Thumbtack and pros can post as they choose."

Uh, no, we can't. If you don't like what we post, it is deleted. 

Moderator Kameron

@cranichik you'll find plenty of feedback and constructive criticism in the Community. However, if a post violates our Community Guidelines it will be eligible for removal. When these happen we also do our best to notify the pro and explain which guidelines were broken. If you have further questions about this feel free to send me a direct message. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MMM_Memories you’ve made some valid and reasonable points here in regards to ways in which we could possibly help to close that feedback and topic loop. At some point in the future, I think it could definitely make sense to have some sort of topic and feedback dashboard for those pros who are visiting the Community in order to help with duplicative discussions about the same topics and to help pros know that their feedback is being documented.

The Community is both a place for pros to ask questions and share feedback. If pros do ask questions it’s not something that’s recorded other than here in the Community, but we do monitor and share topic trends as necessary. If a pro does ask questions along with sharing any thoughts and ideas in relation to the topic then it will be shared through our feedback system.

I also do recognize that being able to make boards and areas of the Community more specific to coincide with areas in the U.S. and a large number of verticals is also a great idea.

@MMM_Memories thank you again for taking the valuable time out of your workday to share these thoughts and ideas with us specific to the Community, I’ll be sharing these directly with our Community manager and team.

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 6

@Kameron  Thanks!