results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
RachelRivero
Level 4

Why did Thumbtack remove a legitimate review?

I had a client leave me a review after I tendered her makeup services. The review said nothing that would violate the Thumbtack rules. I received an email saying they removed the review for violating guidelined and no way to dispute this. 

Is this common? I work hard for to make a name for myself. I cant have this website removing my reviews when I havent even landed any jobs through here yet. Theyre costing me money and my reputation. 

Please have someone contact me about this. Lissette review.JPGRemove.JPGLissette BA.jpg

Occupations (1)
States
7 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Why did Thumbtack remove a legitimate review?

@RachelRivero I'd be happy to take a look over your account and this review to send you a direct message with some additional information. Keep an eye out for my message here soon. 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Kameron so you are deleting reviews from real customers, but keeping reviews from customers that never actually hired us.  Got it.  Makes sense.

RachelRivero
Level 4

Not only that, but @Kameron email to me was nothing more than "our analytics determined the review violated our guildelines, if you have more questions contact support".

Id really like to know what guidelines it violated. I am cancelling this entire service. Ive spent oevr $15 on leads which ZERO have turned into jobs. Absolutely disappointed.

Some of us spend hundreds on leads that don't evolve into hires......
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

@RachelRivero That looks like an awesome review! I don't see anything wrong with it. Thumbtack randomly deletes things, like many comments here in the "public" forum, where people are supposed to express themselves...but, only to thumbtack's liking.

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@RachelRivero First, I just want to commend you for your solid 5-star rating, that is so impressive! You are obviously great at what you do. As a long time Thumbtack pro myself, I understand the frustration that you must be feeling. (I still remember the first and only negative review I got - it was nearly 4 years ago and it still stings). We are passionate about what we do and reviews are important to us! 

Thumbtack does not take reviews lightly, and the removal of any review is done only if there is a clear violation of our terms of use or content and review policy - this includes any reviews that are found to be inauthentic. While we can’t disclose all the processes that we have in place to check this our team has done their due diligence to make sure that only inauthentic reviews have been removed. 

If you would like further information, I would encourage you to reply to the email that you received about the removal of the review.

I would also encourage you to grab more reviews from past customers - you can have up to ten of those Smiley Happy

Your work is beautiful, keep doing what you're doing!

Dusti

DJStevie
Level 11

@RachelRivero 

I don't think that there was anything wrong with that review. We as Pros work very hard to get 5star reviews. I know that I would be more than livid if any of my 5star reviews were deleted. @DustiO , So now there's a policy for reviews? Do we provide those to customers before they leave reviews or do customers have that policy when they sign up?