results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: With the new program working so well why do we never see any Pros making positive comments ?

@LZDNVG 

I went through many changes in my career. Still going through changes and it's all good. I wasn't here for the major change on Thumbtack. I started just over a year ago. Had alot of success, then it changed without notice, at least I wasn't notified. I understand change. The use of other platforms have come into play for me because I can't rely on  the current system as my main lead source for my business anymore. If you can use it for your business, I applaud you.  I just can't use something that I wil be charged for every conversation starter. Not going to lose money for every "click".

How do I know system is working for you, your words  "Personally, I love the promote system. It’s obviously very different but I find I have to do less work for the same amount of leads and I definitely like that."  For the majority of the Pros on the Forum, just look at all of their comments and trying to give suggestions for improving it. Many have tried it. If I'm wrong, let them comment here

I tried Promote, twice, found it wasn't for me. Gave my suggestions on improving it months ago, and continue to with reps via phone and private message. When will changes happen? Who knows? I'm not kept abreast on it, are you? Were you aware of this Promote change? I wasn't.

It's not the Moderators and Reps fault for any changes Thumbtack has made and will continue to make. They are just selling the product, I get it. I'm sure other Pros get it too if they take a step back and think about it.

With all this said, any insight that you can give me that may be beneficial to my business, please message me. I did welcome a few other Pros in recent weeks to do the same, and only 1 took me up on that offer.

TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

Re: With the new program working so well why do we never see any Pros making positive comments ?

@DJStevie I was commenting generally to the community and not you, please know that.

"How do I know system is working for you, your words"Personally, I love the promote system. It’s obviously very different but I find I have to do less work for the same amount of leads and I definitely like that."  For the majority of the Pros on the Forum, just look at all of their comments and trying to give suggestions for improving it. Many have tried it. If I'm wrong, let them comment here. I tried Promote, twice, found it wasn't for me. Gave my suggestions on improving it months ago, and continue to with reps via phone and private message."

-How do you know? Why would I misrepresent promote? Doesn't really make sense, but if you need to know, I leave promote on continually. I say promote works for me because my numbers have improved (not dropped but my conversion rate is even better than before with me doing less work). I get that everyone has a different experience... but the question is WHY. If some pros are doing great and others aren't, is it really Thumbtack's problem or is it a Pro problem? Also, from a business standpoint, It's not logical to me to make your conclusion based only trying "promote twice" and that can't be helping your numbers on Thumbtack. If you can't afford to work out the kinks, I get it, but if it's just "you didn't like it" as you say, you can't get an accurate picture of something by trying it twice. I always followed Thumbtack's advice such as "have a great picture, keep your profile up to date and put info your customers want on there/use your profile as a first impression" and other info the

"When will changes happen? Who knows? I'm not kept abreast on it, are you? Were you aware of this Promote change? I wasn't."

-I got an app notification and saw info here on the community before they made changes and I'm also pretty sure we all got an e-mail with a lot of information. If you didn't you may want to reach out to support and figure out why you weren't notified. I imagine that would be frustrating!

SharonM7
Level 6

Count me as one of the happy pros. Here is a post I made before: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Pricing-payments-refunds/Customer-quot-Chose-you-quot/m-p/18837#M...

In that post, I mention that I very much prefer customers reaching out to me than the other way around. I have a higher success rate or at least a perceived success rate.

What's crazy is, when I first heard of the change, I freaked out. I was almost in tears. Here is a post where you can read the fear in me: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Manage-your-jobs/Updates-to-Insights/m-p/12975#M365

But it ended up working out and I am grateful to say the new system ended up working better. 

Highlighted
bonnie_bill
Level 8

@SharonM7That is great to hear. I am glad to hear from a few Pros that have experienced success with the new system. Good for you !