Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Thumbtack tip

@Spaceforhealing thanks for sharing! 

0 Kudos
Barbeve
Level 5

Agreed Thumbtack tip

I only do personalized quotes, each and every customer is different but the same. I add something unique in their quote (and price differently) so that they see it's about them right away. It's about making their party/event special for them. It works

Moderator Jenn

Re: Agreed Thumbtack tip

@Barbeve that’s a great way to really make the customer happy! Thanks for sharing.
Hansimages
Level 4

Yes I agree, this way they don't have to ask you questions you could have answered in your quote.  That's why I love when they leave personal messages, I feel those are easier to target.  

p19581
Level 6

Agreed!

(... which pretty much eliminates Instant Match from consideration)

dannyahmed
Level 4

Pro Tip

now that quotes are free, send as many as you can. you will make the money back! don't be afraid!

Highlighted
Joan
Level 6

Re: Pro Tip

Danny, I would love to know how many quotes you are sending out, the cost of the contacts based on those quotes, and how much business you are getting from them.  The only examples I have seen so far have been where the business loses far more than it gains and I would love to hear from someone who likes their ROI.

0 Kudos
afacetopaint
Level 5

My tip for success

I have worked in Business / Consumer complaint departments for many, many years and I can tell you the most often heard complaint from consumers whether they are dealing with a fortune 500 company or the Father and son contractor around the corner is lack of communication.   

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS.   

Most people are understanding and considerate of issues that may arise if you just keep them informed and don't leave them hanging. 

If you don't want to get tied up on a phone call, shoot them an email or a txt but do not ignore the problem it will NOT go away and will only fester and grow with every day that there is no communication. Even if you are just contacting them to say that you have no news but you wanted to let them know that you are working on it or that you have not forgotten them....just touch base.

No one likes to be stood up, ignored or made to feel like you just don't care.   Communication is the key to any great relationship personal or business.

Moderator Meckell

Re: My tip for success

This is a great suggestion @afacetopaint. Thanks for sharing!

Moderator Jenn

Re: My tip for success

@afacetopaint that’s great advice!
0 Kudos