Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
katie804
Level 4

Tip for Success

Follow up is EVERYTHING. People get busy. They forget. Life happens. Following up with a client is one of the best strategies to initially show them you care, while simultaneously giving them a gentle nudge to move forward.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Tip for Success

Yes @katie804 people do get busy and that's why following up is so important. Thanks for sharing your tip Smiley Happy

rasman211
Level 5

Service

This thumbtack site is wonderful it have a lot of different customer that need home service done for then because of the wellness I'm a business owner always excited to meet then to provided my service to them looking forward to meet menny others.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Service

This is amazing to hear @rasman21!

anthonybly
Level 5

A TIP Where Everyone Can Benefit

Know your client's needs and tailor your initial responses to how you can meet those needs. Under promise and over deliver!! By now everyone knows the mumbo jumbo standard responses so set yourself apart by personally writing different responses for each unique situation. It's more time consuming but it shows you are committed to that client and putting personal attention in to them. You will set yourself apart from others and definitely get hired more, for sure!!

Moderator Meckell

Re: A TIP Where Everyone Can Benefit

Thanks for sharing this great tip @anthonybly Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos

My best Thumbtack tip...

Ask everyone you have a discussion with for a review. Even if they don't hire you, more reviews can make the difference in getting the NEXT gig.

Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: My best Thumbtack tip...

Very important! I've run into some pros who feel uncomfortable asking for reviews -which is completely valid. How do you go about bringing reviews up with customers?

Re: My best Thumbtack tip...

I mention the review process as the closing topic to the conversation... letting them know they can help a business to thrive at no cost to themselves. (Gives them a feeling of pride) Smiley Happy

violinist
Level 1

Successful quotes

I have found that conveying a welcoming, friendly tone in my quotes helps the customer have a glimpse into my personality.  They want someone who will be pleasant and easy to talk to.  I don't want to come across "all business" too much as a violin teacher.  I want them to know that I will be fun to work with and good with children. 

So I personalize each quote and try to get let the person get to know me a little bit.  This goes a long way.

What other ideas do you have for quotes that will attract customers?