Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: My Best Tip

This is awesome @indamdesign!

0 Kudos

Get Hired - Tip

I have had much success using Thumtack.  I've gotten the most responses after tweeking my profile information to sound more friendly, and rewording my templates to suit each situation.  I often start with one of my templates, and then add or change it to fit whatever information the potental client has given. 

I am a photographer, so I also attach a file with more information about my business and sample photos for whatever type of photos they are looking for.  I think that added bonus shows that I am a qualified professional, with experience. 

Moderator Meckell

Re: Get Hired - Tip

Thanks for sharing @JannDenlinger!

0 Kudos
Rachelpecora
Level 1

My Best Tip

I think creating a strong profile is important. I have read all the questions on my profile and answered them in complete sentences. Think of it from a clients' prospective and how they would see your answers. Also, I try to respond to customer's requests as soon as possible and when I do, I ask open ended questions to keep conversation going. Ex: Do you have any questions I can answer? Another tip is reveiws. Customers want to see someone with the best reviews so if you can get many, they will probably hire you. My clients tell me they have chosen me because I had the "best" reveiws. 

Moderator Meckell

Re: My Best Tip

Thanks for these great tips @Rachelpecora Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
handymanmarq
Level 4

Tip-Handyman

When you speak to a potential customer always let them finish talking first before you respond. It is important to make them feel like you are listening to them.
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: Tip-Handyman

Another way to make the customer feel like they're number 1. Love it!

0 Kudos
SSLC
Level 4

Thumbtack Tip

My thumbtack tip is respond back to messages and requests as fast as possible. You more likely to get the job if you are the first for the quote and reasonable on pricing.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Thumbtack Tip

Thanks for sharing @SSLC!

0 Kudos
SEONYC
Level 4

My Best Tip for Getting Customers on Thumbtack is...

If I bid on a project and the poster replies, I try to get back to them as fast as possible. I am always genuine and clear up front about what I can and can not do- this way nobody gets any unwanted surprises. I ask people to look at my website   so they can get an idea of my work. If I see they are really interested, I'll propose a price- and if they are still onboard, I'll make them a free sample before I ask for any money. It's the best I can do.