Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Time is worth a lot more then money

This is a great tip @Adam Smiley Happy 

DonVort
Level 4

Finding your Niche

When starting your profile on Thumbtack, especially if it's your first business, the tendency is to cast a wide net. Entering services that are loosely related to your field, trying to get as many quote requests as possible.

In reality you want to narrow your parameters as much as possible so that the quotes you receive are a service you can excel in.  Make sure you are doing something you are very competent in, something you can show off your excellence in. Make sure you can give them a service that they'll tell their friends about. Word-of-mouth referrals are gold.

I equate the two types of marketing as the difference between hunting with a shotgun vs hunting with a rifle. The shotgun has a wide spread and may graze any number of possible targets, but is far less likely to take any one of them down. Hunting with a rifle means you have to actively target each individual, but you are far more likely to get what you want.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Finding your Niche

Thanks for sharing your tip @DonVort, good luck!

0 Kudos
jdevos0126
Level 5

My best Thumbtack Tip

I have found if you respond to your potential client after you have been notified that they have view your quote with just a simple: Thanks for taking the time to view my quote, let me know if I can answer any questions, has been very effective for me.

Moderator Meckell

Re: My best Thumbtack Tip

Thanks for sharing @jdevos0126, this is awesome! 

jdevos0126
Level 5

Thanks,  it just gives the potential client a warm touch, without a cost to me.  Let's them know there is a real person at the other end of the conversation.

0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing this! it is so simple but it has a great impact. 

jdevos0126
Level 5

It is!  Lets your potential client know there is a real person at the end of the conversation.  I like simple! lol

Scott
Level 5

keep on working at it

My tip to pros out there is to keep working on your business. It can be difficult as an individual to get established, and Thumbtack definitely helps with that. But with all the various aspects of your business, not only marketing, my experience tells me that the way to succeed is to keep on trying, to keep working at it: Keep learning, keep getting to know your clients' needs, and keep trying new things. The result will be that you will find the way that really works for you, so that you can thrive.

Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: keep on working at it

I love this mindset not only for work, but in day to day life. Only way to improve is to keep going Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos