Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Shiftmusic
Level 5

Send a balance / receipt

A great tip: for jobs where you collect a deposit from your customer and then a 2nd payment for the balance sometime later, email them a receipt pdf for their paid deposit as soon as you receive it from them. Include their balance on it. This will often incite the client to pay the balance payment earlier than they otherwise might have.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Send a balance / receipt

Thanks for sharing @Shiftmusic!

Alphahauling
Level 5

Little extra way to make more money

And my junk hauling business I always have customers that have extra stuff they want me to take that's not on the list. I find that instead of telling a customer that'll be an extra five or ten dollars I encourage them just to give me a nice tip for the extra work. What I find is they end up giving me an extra $20 to $30. Now you're times that by 10 to 12 customers per week that adds up
Enginetanl
Level 5

Help the customer

My tip is, to always help the customer out with a project. Ask them if they have a budget and what they are looking for in that budget range. I have more customer calling me back for more work cause I'm honest.
ProKaren
Level 4

Quotes

I have found in my professional organizing business and, in general, life to UNDER promise and Over deliver! I have been in business for 2 years and have not received anything but 5 Star Reviews.
MeganK
Level 7

Re: Quotes

@ProKaren that's such a good rule. Thank you for sharing that tip with us. 

0 Kudos
MidwestHVAC
Level 4

Personalize Your Responses

We have found that the more we can personalize our quotes to the individual details of each client's inquiries, the quicker and more frequently we get responses from them.

Clients feel more confident responding when you address their concerns and individual needs in your initial post.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Personalize Your Responses

I love this tip @MidwestHVAC. Keep it up!

Highlighted
PattyB6
Level 6

@Meckell, just a quick question about follow-up messaging. Are pros from all categories receiving quotes they are not allowed to follow-up on or is it just in the Wedding Officiants category. I get several sent quotes a week that do not allow me to message the potential customer. Instead I'm told "This customer will reach out to you if they are interested. Don't worry, Thumbtack will follow up for you!" This has seriously impacted my business. The Knot and Wedding Wire would NEVER prevent you from contacting a potential couple.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @PattyB6 I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Can you send me a private message with your email address and a customer that you were trying to follow up with? I'll dig into this and get you some answers by the end of the day. 

0 Kudos