Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Your Best Thumbtack Tip

Hi all. I love all of the tips you guys have been sharing with each other. To keep things organized and easy to find, all of your tips will be moved to this discussion. Feel free to keep adding in! 

0 Kudos
190 responses
Messiah
Level 5

Thumbtack Tip

Greetings, I would say that my biggest tip is to be courteous and serve the customer based on their circumstances. Sometimes I sacrifice to help out. I don't look to charge full price all the time because I've learned that some clients are on a budget. Therefore ask lots of questions and quote from your heart not your head. It always comes back around when seeing it this way. Always!
Moderator Meckell

Re: Thumbtack Tip

This is great @MessiahThanks for sharing your tip. 

Moderator Jenn

@Messiah I love this! What a thoughtful piece of advice.
Messiah
Level 5

Thanks, pardon the delay!
MikeO_Mavrik
Level 5

A few BIG Tips for success

Every impression counts, from the very first one to the 80,000th.

The name of your business and the images you display will either make great impressions or fail to the fullest. One thing to keep in mind is that a business name and your imagery are being seen/experienced by real people and have real effects on them. In order to NOT blend in as a commodity we encourage every business owner to build an EPIC BRAND. In order to stand out above the crowd, think about one of the greats (and a great man of business) named David Ogilvy said, “The consumer isn't a moron. She is your wife.” This statement should really make us think... If the name of my business or the imagery I display don't make a solid impression on my biggest fan and hardest critic (my wife), there is no way they will even pass for qualifying in the public space. 

This is why we've created a method from a foundational level in order to creatively produce a fitting business name and use the most imagery for all of our clients, and that includes our own as a well (as entrepreneurs we have more that one company). Starting with brand strategy brings clarity. We make sure you have clarity of who you are, what your company stands for and what your ultimate goal is. In our humble yet experienced opinion, only with extreme clarity can an epic brand be built... and build to endure.

One of our most recent clients, who needed help in formulating a fitting business name, wrote a review for us and said, "Mavrik worked around me and what my passions were. They produced a wonderful start to branding that I'm looking forward to bringing to completion. Their flexibility was also very important. They were willing to work around the specifics of my situation and they gave the personal touch." After reading his review, I am humbled to say that it really sunk in... we helped create the value he was needing. Brand identity starts with a name, and ever since he launched his new brand, which obviously is still in the process of completing, his business name resinates strongly with both himself and the dream clients he is hoping to connect with, and all in order to create a raving tribe. Think long term!

The first place to start this process is...

1) YOU. Take time to focus on what makes you (the founder of the business) YOU. Then, put the focus on the...

2) WHO. Who do you want to attract?

3) Then, switch the focus to the WHY. Ask yourself... WHY do I do what I do?

These key topics will help you in the beginning stages as to the development for a winning business name and the most fitting look and feel of your images.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Re: A few BIG Tips for success

This is awesome advice, @MikeO_Mavrik! And I think many of our pros would benefit from these tips!

How did you come up with *your* business name and logo?

0 Kudos
MikeO_Mavrik
Level 5

Thank you so much @JasonB!

I truly do hope it helps other pros. Thanks for asking about how we came up with the name and logo to our brand. To keep it brief and not bore you, as a Branding + Marketing Agency we took the time to build a process in clarifying the identity of the brand first and then aligned that with our dream clients, which then formulated the name and logo. Oh, and by the way, the logo was hand drawn and designed by one of our team members/local artists).

We now use this same system to help come alongside world changers in building their "epic brands" as well as the use of Information Marketing as our core niche, which is how we have been helping Coaches, Speakers, Entrepreneurs, Authors, Mentors, Business Owners and Marketers around the world successfully launch their products and services online using intelligent and profit producing funnels that help them capture leads, convert sales and create a raving tribe for their business.

But please, fill me in on what you specialize in and how your'e impacting the world with your business? I am excited to hear more of your story?

Thank you so much for taking the time to connect here on Thumbtack! 
Mike

Gabhan
Level 5

Great words of wisdom, we really like the solid info you shared. Name Branding has been the key for sure. Thanks Gabhan TOP PRO

FW CARD.jpgOur CardsFW SIGN.jpgOn ALL our Vehicles

MikeO_Mavrik
Level 5

So glad you got some value out of the post @Gabhan,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, and for sharing your branded marketing peices with us. Very nice!

Charge on in the growth of your brand, and know that I'm here for you if you ever need anything.

In your corner,

Mike