results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
juneb
Level 5

My Best Tip

Get as many reviews as you can including clients from other sources than Thumbtack.  I have found that as I increase my number of reviews, my hire ratio continues to increase.  Of course, that really helps with the higher rates recently.  I do agree with others that if clients reach out to 5 professionals and hire no one, a partial refund should come into play.  Obviously, we are all going to invest that refund right back into Thumbtack!

LanceCayko
Level 4

My Best Tip

My Best Tip is to get those 5 star reviews up!  Don't be afraid to pester any and all good former clients!

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Re: My Best Tip

Great tip, @LanceCayko! We definitely see pros with more reviews getting hired more often!

0 Kudos
CarlaMurillo
Level 4

My Best Thumbtack Tip

My best tip is to always bid asap and always respond promptly to further questions.  As a consumer, I think it is annoying to have to wait.  I will always go with the first one that responded (as long as the  pricing is just). My two cents Smiley Happy

Moderator Meckell

Re: My Best Thumbtack Tip

Thanks for sharing @CarlaMurillo Smiley Happy

JustTunes
Level 4

My Best Tip

Thumbtack has a truly great set of ways to get hired by prospective clients like:
Reply quickly
Be the first to reply
Have competitive rates
Fill up your profile
Have lots of pictures and videos
The list is endless. They're all important and dare I say effective ways to get hired. I'm going to touch on something slightly more simple.
The customers request. Make sure to actually read it. I've found in my line of work being able to touch back to initial request ensures to the customer that you took an interest in what they wanted. It's also a great way to get more personable conversation started.
Moderator Jordan

It's the simple steps that can get over looked, so this is a good reminder. Paying attention to details in the customer request and speaking on that goes a long way! Thank you for posting Smiley Happy

Rollin
Level 1

My Best Tip

Price match! 9 times out of 10 a customer contacts more than 1 pro searching for the best deals. If you are confident that you have the best rates, tell the customer if they find a better deal screenshot it to you and you will match the price. This will also give you an idea of what your competetion is offering. You're welcome Smiley Happy

JBAIRES
Level 1

My Best Tip

Hello everyone! My best tip is to always follow up on quotes and messages sent to from potential clients. Just check in and say Hi and make sure they have the service they requested booked. It shows customer service and that you care about them regardless if you were booked or not.
Moderator Meckell

Hey there @JBAIRES. A follow up really can go a long way, I'm happy you've seen success with it!

0 Kudos