results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Invest in the Prospective Client

When getting ready to respond to an inquiry, really read the information that they've provided and personalize their quote by using their information.  This lets them know you've taken time to read and understand what they're wanting and also shows them that you are willing to invest in them if they choose to work with you.  Stay away from generic responses and standard replies and make sure you insert their own words back to them!  It only takes an extra minute, but may be just the step above the rest that wins the job!

Moderator Meckell

Re: Invest in the Prospective Client

Thanks for sharing your tip @eyecandyballoon Smiley Happy

Sim
Level 4

My tip for success

Try to tailor your response around the customer’s needs and requirements in terms of what interests them (specifically for me, music lessons) rather than submitting a blanket general response.
Moderator Meckell

Re: My tip for success

What a great tip, @Sim!

0 Kudos
MetaFour
Level 4

My Best thumbtack Tip

When looking to get a quote accepted or even to get in on time before it closes, I have two ideas. Especially in a busy market like New York. First, be sure to save your quotes as templates to be able to submit more quickly. And have several different types of templates for different types of work you do and for consumers and businesses needing work. Second, even with templates you may need to customize the quote to the request. So I have a more universal selling pint for each type of job and start it with, “Requests May disappear quickly based on the number of pros that submit a quote. Below are some basics to how I can assist you. I will follow up right away with additional specifics to your request and provide you with sample work. “
Moderator Meckell

Re: My Best thumbtack Tip

I really like how in detail you went with this tip @MetaFour. Thanks for sharing!

Shellyrae1
Level 5

Make it personal

Take the time to read each quote request and include some of their specific information in your quote. People want to know that they've been heard. Make them feel special by repeating their information back to them. If they want a 10x10 wall painted, don't give a blanket quote for a 10x20 wall. Edit your template to be specific to their needs. It will make your template seem like less of a script and more like a personal reply. Creating that personal connection will help to land you the gig.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Make it personal

This is an awesome tip @Shellyrae1. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

a_echo
Level 4

My best tip

Your profile and quote are your first impression to your customers. What makes your business stand out? and What do you like most about what you do? are important. Don't just say what you think customers want to hear, be genuine and put your heart into it the same way you did when you started your business.

When sending a quote, be confident in your work. You have to make sure the customer knows that you know what you're doing and you're the best person to do it. And always make sure to thank the potential customer for their business even if they haven't hired you yet. Confidence and genuineness sells! 

Moderator Meckell

Re: My best tip

This can really go a long way. Thanks for sharing your tip @a_echo Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos