Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: "Customer Chose You" fault and solution.

LDZ.. Please don't get me wrong, I have a great deal of gratitude for TT and it's platform, without them I would probably still be beating the bushes for work. My profits have climbed tremendously in the past year since I've started using them. If you look at my TT p&l as a whole its outstanding but if you split up the charges on what I've bid on and the customer chose you platform the numbers are so far apart it's unbelievable. That platform needs some tweaking to make it a successful option, I would go under if this was the only way to use TT. It could be an awesome service for both contractor and customer with a few adjustments to the billing peramiters.
If I come off as ungrateful or unappreciative that's not my intention or how I feel towards TT. It's just frustrating to get billed each time when only a couple of the several people respond to the conversation they initiated .
Highlighted
VelvetO
Level 6

@LZDNVG thank you for sharing the lead conversion rate information for contractors.
I have notice that the amount of money I'm spending on ghost leads is about the same amount I would pay for a sign-up fee on other lead generation sites. I remember paying between $3-$15 per lead years ago with TT and able to send personal messages to potential clients without being charged.
Maybe the system will improve and pros will be able to access more leads without going almost broke.

Velvet Oasis Events
rgyanks
Level 5

Promote

It's now February 15th, and I have gotten exactly 1 job..... The promote feature and the way we are now getting contact -leads on jobs is NOT NOT NOT working !. The previous method , whereby a job lead was emailed and texted immediately to a pool (in my case bartenders) and then we quoted for that job WORKED!!! I was a top pro last year, this year that will not happen and I will deactivate my account- becuase the FEW jobs keads that do come my way thru promote have not panned out . They want to know when I'm available ? I then reach out to them and NOTHING ! PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR JOB LEAD NOTIFICATION METHOD!

DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Promote

@rgyanks 

I got 3 small jobs for the month, but no leads(conversation starters) in a week! I am, along with many other Pros, in agreement with you that the job lead notification method needs to change, and very soon!

Onsitemidmi
Level 1

So, i personally shut off all of my promotes! After4 weeks, each costiing me over $200, with no active leads, I was livid. Especially since I was already busy and not looking for work. I still get requests for estimates, I'm just not prepaying for them now. ..
Glamgirl
Level 1

I didn’t even get a chance to respond to the customer and I have been charged. I’m not happy with this app due to this reason and it’s too bad because I “was” excited about it.
0 Kudos
KeithandCat
Level 2

We couldnt agree more!! I've complained about this in the past with no resolution either. I feel your frustration. TT, we thought you were on our team....what gives?!?!?!
JENNIFER2018
Level 6

Every single "The Customer Chose You" referral we have gotten turns out to a customer ghosting us if we respond.  No exceptions ...right now I have a balance with Thumbtack for like $70 because I refuse to pay for "ghosting leads" where they customer does not even respond to the very first contact from us.  When TT decides to do away with the $70 charge on our account we will again bid jobs, but otherwise we won't...Oh and we are a Top Pro in the catering category, so it's not like we are newbies.